Chapala.com Webboard

Real estate in Guadalajara

Crazydog

Anyone have any experience buying in Guadalajara? Did you go through an agent or have any recommendations of someone that has knowledge of the areas and how the markets have performed in the last few years with past recorded sales? 

Is there a multiple listing website for Guadalajara similar to the MLS site? 

I can help with the legal part, due diligence and closing and know nice areas but do not know about pricing, trends, etc. 

17 hours ago, NachoOE said:

What are you looking for? I'm pretty well informed on areas and prices in  Guadalajara. Could probably share some info before you turn to a real estate agent.

Looking for an investment. Probably would like to start with a single family home, good condition with a garden in an area that has demand. Not a fan of the cookie cutter homes but if the numbers make sense they may spark my interest too. 

Hola Crazy, I highly recommend Mercy Stirling de Dueñas for real estate in Guadalajara. She is an American expat and has been in the business for 30 years or so. Her husband Sergio is the broker and is a past-president of AMPI Mexico (similar to the National Association of Realtors in the US). Her email is mercytrilenium@gmail.com and her office number is: 33-3647-5854

Suerte!

If you are looking to buy and rent the property I would discourage you from buying residential property. It is a better investment to seek for commercial use properties. If you are looking to build and sell then residential could be good. There are several areas around El Palomar and on Zapopan that have a good upside. 

Archived