Chapala.com Webboard

Municipal residence tax

Plumeau1

Same discount if you pay until end of February

They should not discriminate for discounts and someone could complain to human rights as the law doesnt distinguish. 

22 minutes ago, Intercasa said:

They should not discriminate for discounts and someone could complain to human rights as the law doesnt distinguish. 

True, and they know that, for 500 pesos (or less), when the fee is already so low, people won't  bother and that's why they get away with it.

Discrimination, yes, but in my opinion, this is not a serious enough matter to bother the court with it. I understand and agree with the municipality's decision. The LAW should be changed accordingly, that  only the poor retiree should have that privilege, not the Mexican (or foreigner) who has an expensive house and can afford to pay such a HIGH TAX.

I know you will disagree (mainly for the principle) and many will want to cut my head off, but that's the way I feel.

20 hours ago, Plumeau1 said:

want this morning, it was real quick within 15 minutes we were gone

Plumeau check the post "Protest" and you will find that many are not paying their taxes, myself included, until the end of February.   Ergo you you were probably quick because no one else was there paying.

Archived