Chapala.com Webboard

Reading reviews of her work seemed to be positive. So I went to her for fairly big dental work.

Then I ran into someone who just ranted how terrible she was and that they took Dr. C to court.

Now I am a little nervous.

Please if your comments are positive, post them. If not please pm me.

I wish posters would stop putting critical information as a tag line and leaving it out of the body of the post. Not everyone notices/reads the tags and then are wondering who you are talking about. 

That being said, there are several dentists who frequently get high ratings. Dr. Candy is one of them. All of those highly-rated dentists have people who had or think they had bad experiences. There has never been a dentist or doctor or vet or hairdresser who does not get slammed here as well as praised. You just have to weigh the good versus the bad and also judge the poster. This is easier if you regularly read the board and get overviews over time. 

Dr. Candy is not my dentist but she is at the top of the highly recommended list. She has received some votes down, but so has my dentist. I have been going to him for 6 years and would not go to anyone else. 

Dra. Candy is my dentist and the best I have had and I have had a lot of dental work.  She has won the best dental clinic award per vote on www.bestoflakechapala.com, but there are many good recommendations for dentists at lakeside so there are many good ones to go to.  She also is getting a lot of medical dental tourism patients.  She told me someone was coming from NOB over Christmas and she was going to come from Guadalajara to do their dental work, when normally she would have been closed for some holiday time.  I thought that was pretty nice of her to open her office for this one patient during Christmas.

I have found Dr Candy to be a very good Dentist..  

Some people are never happy with the treatment they receive... 

Did you get the complete story from this person...?  

There was a post from a lady on here slamming one of the longest serving and most respected dentist in the area..  What wasn't explained in any detail was how she went to another dentist first because of the cheap price, and when this dentist screwed it up went to a very highly recommended one to fix the problem, but by then it was to late the damage was done... So she slammed him as well...

So my point is sometimes we don't hear the full story...

Thank you all for your comments

Ricks....Will be starting on Wednesday.

TelsZa......You are quite right, very often another side to the story.

Xena.....I wish people would stop putting  posts that very vague things like " I wish I " or "Have you seen"

sometimes a tag tells you something about whether you want to read it.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived