Chapala.com Webboard

CBS,NBC and ABC---how can i receive them?

mnaiman

Is there any way to get the major network shows via a local cable provider?

We have a service now that provides an HD picture and the only English language

stations we get are FOX, BBC World, and two CNN stations.

I am prepared to return "the box" to these people who failed to disclose that I could

not receive the stations I wanted.

You asked if the major US networks were available from your local cable provider. The answer is yes most of the time. Telecable analog on I believe channels 84, 85,86, & 87 provide an east coast feed for US networks ABC. CBS, NBC and FOX. I understand that sometimes on the weekend the feed goes down and isn't re-activated until the staff shows up on Monday.,  There are many other options via satellite be it Dish or Shaw Direct and via streaming over the internet should your internet speed be fast enough.

3 hours ago, johanson said:

You asked if the major US networks were available from your local cable provider. The answer is yes most of the time. Telecable analog on I believe channels 84, 85,86, & 87 provide an east coast feed for US networks ABC. CBS, NBC and FOX. I understand that sometimes on the weekend the feed goes down and isn't re-activated until the staff shows up on Monday.,  There are many other options via satellite be it Dish or Shaw Direct and via streaming over the internet should your internet speed be fast enough.

Can you please give us more info on... "Get a Roku (BestBuy) or Kodi Box  (MercadoLibre or GDL Centro) and subscribe to USTVNOW... " and elaborate on the process for "dummys" to understand , we are tired of having to pay for Shaw services etc. Thks

You have to split the cable and put one section in the TV to pick up the analog signal which has the channels you want and turn the input/source of the TV to wherever your digital box is plugged in to get the other.  You will need a cable splitter and two sections of coax cable long enough to go to TV and Cable Box from the cable splitter.  Switch to TV for CBS etc etc and switch back to whatever has your digital box is plugged  for HD.   Its not hard.

The trend these days is to cut the cable television and use IPTV internet access over Wi-Fi. Have just set one up on a Roku streaming stick, super easy to setup. As long as your TV has an HDMI port, (ie. newer than 20 years old). There are something like 1,100 mostly free channels. Then, many people subscribe to a premium server add on account. The internet speed where we live is too slow for 720 or 1080 resolution. But Netflix (Mexico) is very popular and the standard, non hi-def subsciption is 99 pesos per month (probably less annually) is very nice. I don't know about news, especially U.S. news though. Another one is Radiosity, which is bit more per month. They list these U.S. live news channels. I don't know yet if they can offer a standard definition service. Anyways, no internet address hiding needed, no worries that Shaw is going to upgrade their security to block services outside of Canada. For hi def, blu- ray I can download to a media server or cloud, which is a whole different thing - but Roku has a setup and application for that too.

http://radiosityroku.com/channels.html

Archived