Chapala.com Webboard

Gas Shortage

texican

Travelers beware there is a gas shortage right now. We returned from Laredo yesterday and was making great time till we got to San Luis Potosi. At the Racetrack Pemex  outside town there were 500 cars lined up for gas and another 200 people with gas cans in line. Every gas station was like this or they were closed. We stopped at one to ask what was going on and were told That there had been no gas deliveries. After explaining that we had to find gas so we could get home the woman that worked there had here husband come offer to go with us to another Pemex where his friend worked that we could get 20 liters from him. We ended up going in the back way and getting 50 liters of gas in a big plastic jug and off we went. We were told the shortage was only in San Luis Potosi but at Lagos de Moreno all stations were closed. I decided to try San Juan del Lagos and the Pemex there would sell only 200 pesos of gas, but it got us closer to home. All stations were closed till we got to the last toll booth at Tepetitlan. They only had Premium and would only sell 20 liters. After all this we got home. But if you are traveling be aware to fill up where you can, the next Pemex might be closed!!!!

Thank God gas prices are going up! Makes people realize what a limited natural resource this stuff is. Now if only the US would hike up their prices, there's a chance we'll all be alive in 50 years. Oh wait, forgot most people on this board will be dead by then anyway, so who cares about the environment.

Got gas this morning at the Oxxo/Pemex is west Ajijic--no problem. But, I will keep the tank fuller than usual, just in case.

Got gasoline at Pemex in Ajijic, near Comex, but they are out of Premium, only had Magna this morning.

Valerie   :)

In my humble opinion the problem in Ajijic is being caused by a few gringo scaremongering posts..  Many people are rushing out to top up their tanks causing some stations to run out of gas..  I did just that, but when I talked to the pump guy he told me "no shortage here" but that was yesterday..  So it seems with the extra holiday traffic and panicking gringos some stations are running out...

There have been shortages but no real answers.  People steal thousands of gallons but this is out of millions.  Production nationally is at an all time low, why?  Many stations have reported they have paid for trucks of gas and they have not arrived, many are probably trying to avoid people stocking up at 2016 low prices and wanting to sell at higher 2017 prices. 

Why were we promised lower prices with the energy reforms and now we will pay more?  Why if the market will set the price will Pemex sell gasoline much cheaper in the US than Mexico?

How will transport companies survive if they dont raise prices and if they do then we will have inflation across the board.  The only silver lining is hopefully less traffic rush hour due to fewer people but even that will probably take months to see some sort of effect. 

Guest English Rose
On 12/26/2016 at 7:30 AM, vetteforron said:

Shortages in Guadalajara also. Prices go up next year.

Gas prices in Toronto tomorrow will be down .01 to $1.11 a litre, which equates to about $17p and $.82us. I don't know what the actual price per litre is here, so are they going up or down in 2017?

Here it is from Reuters: Mexican gas going up by 20%  http://www.reuters.com/article/us-mexico-gasoline-idUSKBN14G15M

Want to stop this nonsense? Persuade people to join a rolling boycott: This week, nobody buys gas on Tuesday and Friday. Next week, nobody buys gas on Monday and Thursday. The next week nobody buys gas on Tuesday and Saturday. Keep switching the days. Screw up their cash flow. Watch what happens. 

Now please, every one pile on and tell me why it is a bad idea and won't work. 

Archived