Chapala.com Webboard

Meet Twiggy the Puppy Supermodel!

Twiggy before (one month ago)

5oy35f.jpg

Twiggy now - 5 weeks later

2hg4dpi.jpg 

She is 3 months old. I named her "Twiggy" for obvious reasons. But now she really is like "Twiggy" the 60's supermodel! isn't she gorgeous? A neighbor called me -- she was found in his carport collapsed in vomit and diarrhea, nearly dead from starvation and dehydration. Thanks to the Ladrone's Clinic, Dr Mauricio met me there on a Sunday and hospitalized her. The prognosis was very grim, but she fought and just look at her now - 5 weeks later!  The first couple weeks I had her, she was very traumatized -- would cry when I wasn't holding her, and literally scream when I moved away from her line of sight. Now she is not only a big, healthy, beauty -- she is no longer afraid, no longer cries at bed time. When it's lights out, she quietly retires in her bed along with the rest of us. She doesn't bark when I go out (I leave the house and listen for her, so I know). She has a clean bill of health from the Ladrones. They dewormed her and vaccinated her when she was strong enough. I have housetrained her (I would say 95% -- there was an accident yesterday, but that was my fault).  She is super smart.  She knows her name and comes when I call. She is learning to "sit" and "stay" and "no bark". She will be a fairly big dog. She has a very large jaw and sharp teeth -- I've been training her to not bite hard. She is still "chewy", but she knows to not be chew so roughly now. She is VERY playful and needs room to run around and someone to play with. I run around with her and play with her, and so does one of my dogs. My other dog is older and has congestive heart failure and she stresses him out -- this is bad for my older dog. I adore Twiggy -- I am looking for a loving home with someone with a yard or big courtyard and will walk her and play with her. She likes having a canine playmate too. She has a fabulous personality and is so loving and fun. 

If you or anyone else would like to meet Twiggy, please PM me. We're in Ajijic.

Gracias from Twiggy!

JUST CAME BACK FROM BRINGING TWIGGY TO HER AMAZING FOREVER HOME WITH THE MOST AMAZING DOG-LOVING FOLKS ON THE PLANET. And it just so happens I have known them for years. Twiggy is now running around with 6 other happy dogs, a horse and a mule on lots and lots of land and grass, and receiving tons of hugs and holding and love from her new humans. I wept with happiness -- and also with sadness because we have been glued to each other for the last 6 weeks. God bless!

3 hours ago, Poe Bango said:

JUST CAME BACK FROM BRINGING TWIGGY TO HER AMAZING FOREVER HOME WITH THE MOST AMAZING DOG-LOVING FOLKS ON THE PLANET. And it just so happens I have known them for years. Twiggy is now running around with 6 other happy dogs, a horse and a mule on lots and lots of land and grass, and receiving tons of hugs and holding and love from her new humans. I wept with happiness -- and also with sadness because we have been glued to each other for the last 6 weeks. God bless!

From you description I know who her new forever family is. They also took a Boxer I found that I am sure was dumped as she was running crazy on the Carreterra like she was lost and frantic. Gwynne came by on horseback just as I got the dog to come to me. It was like a scene in a movie. Twiggy has found the absolute best home...ever. I can completely understand your tears of happiness.

Archived