Chapala.com Webboard

Restaurants that have wi-fi

sm1mex

• 4 weeks later...

There are 2 coffee shops with names with "black" in them.  The coffee shop on the Ajijic Plaza, which I think may be called something like Black and White Coffee, may not have wifi.  But Black`s Coffee across from Walmart does.

9 hours ago, bdmowers said:

There are 2 coffee shops with names with "black" in them.  The coffee shop on the Ajijic Plaza, which I think may be called something like Black and White Coffee, may not have wifi.  But Black`s Coffee across from Walmart does.

Not to be confused  with Cafe Negro.

I will check again. I have a lot of computer savvy, in particular with WiFi, and I could not even see a signal. And there is no savvy needed, really: if there is a secured signal appearing on your device, you just tap in using the 10-digit password.

9 hours ago, ComputerGuy said:

I will check again. I have a lot of computer savvy, in particular with WiFi, and I could not even see a signal. And there is no savvy needed, really: if there is a secured signal appearing on your device, you just tap in using the 10-digit password.

Just letting you know you need to be careful when you log on to WIFI in restaurants/coffee shops the signal is NOT SECURE,  I would advise you not to enter any personal info into your device such as banking info.

If you ask someone behind the counter they will give you the password for Black Coffee, it's a very simple word.. Easy to remember.. 

10 hours ago, ComputerGuy said:

Black Coffee's wifi is via Telmex Infinitum Movil and has always been a problem to connect to, plus you have to wade through Telmex's advertising. And it only permits you to browse for a period of time before the connection is lost.  The Infinitum Movil user name you need to connect there is provided on your receipt, also the corresponding password. It's a pain and isn't worth the bother, IMHO. It's easier to go to the food court area at the mall behind Black Coffee and connect there. No purchase required. 

1 minute ago, kbleitch said:

Black Coffee's wifi is via Telmex Infinitum Movil and has always been a problem to connect to, plus you have to wade through Telmex's advertising. And it only permits you to browse for a period of time before the connection is lost.  The Infinitum Movil user name you need to connect there is provided on your receipt, also the corresponding password. It's a pain and isn't worth the bother, IMHO. It's easier to go to the food court area at the mall behind Black Coffee and connect there. No purchase required.

Thank you. That was my experience. The signal from Infinitum Movil is very, very weak at Black Coffee, as you point out.

Unfortunately for most people these days, if they ever did get a password on their receipt, they have long since forgotten. But a quick call to tech support in Mexico City at 01-800-123-2222 and asking for English help will get you that password.

For those interested in this Infinitum Movil thing, there is a page where you can check to see what locations are available throughout Mexico. I use Infinitum Movil for visitors arriving at the airport in Guadalajara, so we can contact each other when there are plane delays, etc. I just make sure they have my ID and password before they leave from home.

http://telmex.com/web/buscador?q=ajijic&buscar=&sort=date%3AD%3AL%3Ad1&output=xml_no_dtd&oe=UTF-8&ie=UTF-8&client=_nuevo_telmex_lugares&proxystylesheet=_nuevo_telmex_lugares&entqr=3&entqrm=0&ud=1&getfields=*&site=sitios_wifi&filter=0&requiredfields=

Doesn't seem to work for Ajijic, though, ironically. It shows Domino's Pizza as the only place.

Archived