Chapala.com Webboard

Poutine Place, San Antonio

Lexy

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Love this thread! True story...I once planted a 30 foot row of potatoes but it was a bad year for rain and even the well didn't produce that much water. Well, I wanted fresh taters for a dinner party and ended up having to dig up the whole row to get enough...turned out that for every seed piece that I planted, I only got one potato. A lot of effort for very little reward. Never planted another potato in my life. But if anyone was able to grow russets or Yukon golds here, I'd most definitely buy them.

A few of our potatoes are from the tropics. This is a mixed blessing; some are spectacularly disease-resistant, but a few have day-length sensitivities which means they tuberize late.

http://tatermaterseeds.com/shop/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=2

Oh, but which ones, Tom, which ones. Hard man to contact. He might be in Hawaii this time of year.

Did you know the Spanish traded South America potatoes for furs (especially Otter pelts) in the Skagit Valley area of the the U.S.A. This was quite a connection when the scientists traced the origin of these ancient spuds to the Andes.

• 10 months later...

If you are interested in buying paneer, you may want to talk to your local Indian restaurant owner if they make it and if they are willing to sell. I know from the owner of the restaurant near the US Consulate that they make it. Worth a try.

1 hour ago, ComputerGuy said:

Pretty sure that paneer post is phishing, or what is now called catfishing. I wouldn't click on that link.

Can't you inspect it and see? I did and it is what it is posted as. "catfishing"? Ya buddy!

Yes, a brand new member; one post only, about some esoteric cheese unrelated to the topic. No personal information in the user profile. A "hidden link" to click; ie: the website is hidden behind the hyperlink. Not to mention the poor sentence structure. Thereby using social media to hide an identity and con the reader into clicking.

As for Angus Mcdiddle, lucky you. I wouldn't have been so inept. Anything that looks like fishing today should be avoided like the plague, just out of principle.

20 minutes ago, ComputerGuy said:

Yes, a brand new member; one post only, about some esoteric cheese unrelated to the topic. No personal information in the user profile. 

I didn't thing about that part to look at. Thanks.

Archived