Chapala.com Webboard

Don Pedro's

Crazydog

I had never visited this place before. Maybe because I never saw it that busy or I just didn't want to risk going someplace and having terrible service (it happens quite a lot with some of the places I have tried here) 

To my surprise, their Thanksgiving dinner was a delight and the price was only $300 including two glasses of wine and a three course meal for two people. 

They had good live music and it wasn't too loud (another thing that is rare here) 

I don't know how they do when it's not a special event but I think I may give them another try. 

2 minutes ago, ComputerGuy said:

It was $300 per couple. He had an ad in last week's paper. He took the opportunity to try and attract customers with a good deal. I'd say if the food and service were good, he succeeded.

That was an incredible deal, if the meal was good and the wine was drinkable.  I think people might have been hesitant to try Don Pedro's since it seems under-patronized when we drive by.  Maybe this will turn things around.  Most of the Thanksgiving offerings were $250 and up, without wine.

55 minutes ago, Carnivore said:

If you're new at Lakeside you should likely speak to a few of the "old timers".  You'll fairly quickly realize why this restaurant is not currently and has not been popular in a very long time.

I'm sorry but what good does this post do? If you have something to say, say it.

The people occupying the restaurant are squatters. It wasn't good 3 years ago and judging by the lack of people, isn't now either. Dcstroker, why don't you try it and report back?

People: The Don has returned. He personally took the ad in the paper. There are no squatters, and there never were.

I've been here since long before he opened that place. Apart from what you might think of Pedro Arrayano personally, the only problem with his restaurant was the same as so many here: quality of the meal. So, it looks like the Thanksgiving dinner was a winner, and maybe that signals a change. Or not.

40 minutes ago, tomgates said:

The people occupying the restaurant are squatters. It wasn't good 3 years ago and judging by the lack of people, isn't now either. Dcstroker, why don't you try it and report back?

And if I did would it make any difference? Some one already posted a positive review and it looks like some people are ready to condemn this restaurant for something that isn't even true.

Archived