Chapala.com Webboard

La Mision - La bloody awful alarm system

BeelzebubUK

Haven't seen a thread on this so either the locals don't know about this forum or everybody is deaf. 

Every night for at least the last week or more your alarm system has been going off several times late at night.....its been going for at least an hour right now.

Would it be too much to ask for you to get someone who is actually competent to look at it and fix whatever is causing the fault. I'm suspecting a faulty sensor.

I've even got out there to check that there isn't someone actually trying to rob the place as I know you have had problems in the past so its definitely not going off for a legitimate reason.

Thank you.

We are so terribly sorry. We are using the most popular alarm company lakeside and they have been a disaster. We have had them in the restaurant at least once a week since this started, and doing everything they say in order to stop this. We also have to suffer thru this as every time it happens we are called and we get in our car in pajamas, slippers, flashlight and armed with what one would call a billy club. Rush to the restaurant go in disarm the system then do a complete inspection and find nothing. This is happening as I said every week. Never have we got there when the alarm is going on. We then return and call the alarm company and get the response that they will send someone out manana to find out what is wrong. Thus far they have adjusted the sensors, secured  all the doors and windows so that they do not vibrate when it is windy. As I am writing this my wife is on the phone with them tearing them a you know what. Again we apologize and assure you we are doing everything we can short of operating with no system which we really don't want to do.

If you will drop by the restaurant tomorrow we will tell you what they have told us and what they are doing this time.  Having been robbed twice was no fun and we have to have some system to protect us.

La Mision

The same thing happened once for about a month every night near my house in Mexicali, I lived one house off a blvd. with many stores. The alarm went off several times  at night and the alarm company and owner showed up at his boutique. It turned out to be a family or 2 of large rats had moved in.

29 minutes ago, AlanMexicali said:

The same thing happened once for about a month every night near my house in Mexicali, I lived one house off a blvd. with many stores. The alarm went off several times  at night and the alarm company and owner showed up at his boutique. It turned out to be a family or 2 of large rats had moved in.

We exterminate every Monday the day we are closed. We have not seen any evidence of rats other then the large human ones that robbed us twice! 

29 minutes ago, La Mision said:

We exterminate every Monday the day we are closed. We have not seen any evidence of rats other then the large human ones that robbed us twice! 

don't think Alan was suggesting that you have rats, but rather that it could a noctural animal. we sometimes have possums, smell an occasional skunk and have numerous cats ,bats and birds, all which could set off an alarm....sorry about your burglaries, we have also experienced this outrage both at our business and house.

6 hours ago, La Mision said:

We are so terribly sorry. We are using the most popular alarm company lakeside and they have been a disaster. We have had them in the restaurant at least once a week since this started, and doing everything they say in order to stop this. We also have to suffer thru this as every time it happens we are called and we get in our car in pajamas, slippers, flashlight and armed with what one would call a billy club. Rush to the restaurant go in disarm the system then do a complete inspection and find nothing. This is happening as I said every week. Never have we got there when the alarm is going on. We then return and call the alarm company and get the response that they will send someone out manana to find out what is wrong. Thus far they have adjusted the sensors, secured  all the doors and windows so that they do not vibrate when it is windy. As I am writing this my wife is on the phone with them tearing them a you know what. Again we apologize and assure you we are doing everything we can short of operating with no system which we really don't want to do.

If you will drop by the restaurant tomorrow we will tell you what they have told us and what they are doing this time.  Having been robbed twice was no fun and we have to have some system to protect us.

La Mision

Thank you for responding. I remember reading about the break-ins so understand why you need the system there. I hope you get some success with the alarm company soon.

They sent 2 men this time and after checking all the sensors they told us the only thing that could be setting it off in their experience would be a cucaracha inside the sensors that when it moved it would set it off. They then removed the sensors opened them and cleaned the inside.

Beelzebub  for both our sakes I hope this is the cure. Again our sincere apologies and thanks for your contacting us.

La Mision

Archived