Chapala.com Webboard

Life for single people at Lakeside

Go to Guadalajara and open your horizons or else settle with what is here. There is a somewhat diverse group of foreigners but not a diverse group of Mexicans so going to the city you will meet more people and have more activities, there are groups like Mexpat on Facebook and Internations if you want to start with monthly activities to start to meet people.

I would bet that there are lots of single expats in their 60's living in the Chapala North shore area.  The single Mexicans tend to generally live with or near their extended families.  If you are looking to see lots of gringo activity, Ajijic would be the epicenter of where the vast majority have chosen to live.  If you want less gringos and cheaper living, check out the next towns over and use the buses.  Most of the towns here have a gringo presence and most of the expats are mostly 60 and up, but you will find people of all ages here and single folks are not unusual in these here parts.

It is easy to get to know people here at Lake Chapala if you get involved volunteering with one of the many charities here. (This is how many expats spend their lives here.) There are many single people here of all types and persuasions. In fact, the Ajijic area is known as a great place to retire for singles. There is SO much to do! That being said, if you are single and wish to meet an appropriate person, that can be harder. But that is another post!

• Like 1

Mainecoons, the  Singles group is no longer listed in the activities in the November LCS newsletter. I asked about it today in the office and I was told something like it kind of is and kind of isn't connected to LCS, whatever that meant. They dug up a number from the cardex. I haven't called it yet. 

To the OP. I'm 63, been back here two months and keep thinking I should move to a place with younger energy, but I have a reason to be here currently. It's easy and familiar and suits my needs. Probably will move on in 4 years. I keep filtering through lots of activities to find like-minded. 

3 hours ago, hopeful Mex said:

How's it for single people? I'm not really into nightlife (clubs, bars, etc.). Is it fairly easy to meet other single people my age (early 60's)?

Easy to meet people if you pursue your interests.  Get involved in a charity that interests you and gives back to the community.  Remember that age is not as important as attitude.  My friends here span a 20-year range.  

• Like 2

I never thought about meeting "single" people, just meeting people and making friends. After eight years I have many acquaintances and a core group of close friends. They are single and couples, women and men. People here are friendly and open. If you venture out and about and explore what interests you, you will meet kindred spirits.

• Like 6

• 2 weeks later...
10 minutes ago, Tangoguy said:

You might consider joining the hiking group. They meet Tuesday's 0900hrs at Don's Donut shop. 

I've heard it called by many names but this is a first!

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

If you put the tilde over the n in the first Dona you then have (in English) donya. A very important word that signifies respect for an elderly female. Don is the equivalent for a male. Check the sign next time you are there. Sorry I don't have a Spanish keyboard on this device.

As in Don Julio, has nothing to do with the name Donald.

• 2 years later...

I really love the area. I don't want to live my life single, but I'm meeting many Ole souls. Are their places in Ajicic and Chapala where younger souls in their 40's hang out? Even some educated Latina's? Come on guy's help me out here. Where are the ladies on this site? Is this an all male group? First time to post.

Jonathan 33-2496-0476

• Confused 1

6 minutes ago, JonJon said:

I really love the area. I don't want to live my life single, but I'm meeting many Ole souls. Are their places in Ajicic and Chapala where younger souls in their 40's hang out? Even some educated Latina's? Come on guy's help me out here. Where are the ladies on this site? Is this an all male group? First time to post.

Jonathan 33-2496-0476

I recommend starting a new post.

• Haha 1