Chapala.com Webboard

It's THAT time!  Please come out and join your favorite Zombie or Zombies as we participate in the Annual "Thrill the World" event this Saturday, Oct. 29th at 5 pm SHARP in front of the Cultural Center in the Ajijic Plaza.  Many of us have been working hard the last 2 months learning the choreography to Michael Jackson's "Thriller'.  We are part of an International Flash Mob wherein thousands of people come together around the world and dance at the EXACT same time.  Luckily, we landed the 5 pm time slot this year.  We have chosen to use this fun event as a fundraiser for Cruz Roja.  If you haven't already, please choose to sponsor a Zombie or make a donation to Cruz Roja when you come this Saturday to enjoy the spectacle of 100 (we hope!) Zombies as we do our best to entertain the community with our Zombie costumes and makeup.  We'll dance at 5 pm and then parade to Seis Esquinas where we'll dance "Thriller" again there.

While we are participating in the Parade and dancing in Seis Esquinas, Manix Restaurant will be busy setting up a delightful Dinner/Dance in the Ajijic Plaza.  The menu includes BBQ pork, Grilled chicken, Chorizo sausage, Baked Beans, Cole Slaw, Green Salad, Bread & Butter.  They'll be setting up chairs, tables, tablecloths, fresh flowers and creating a lovely ambiance as the sun sets on our beautiful Ajijic Plaza.  Sol y Luna will be in the Gazebo providing fun dance music while we all dine.  If you wish to participate in the Dinner, you can pick up tickets at Mia's, Diane Pearl's or Jose's in the Plaza.  The cost is $300 pesos of which $50 pesos is ear marked specifically for Cruz Roja.  There will be a Cash Bar as well.

If you just want to come out and enjoy the Zombie performance and dance later with Sol y Luna, there is no cost at all!  We want to bring the community together in this fun event and hopefully raise some much needed funds for Cruz Roja.  If you have any questions, you can email me or Dee at:  ttwajijic@gmail.com

Hope to see many of you there!  ROCK ON!

Zombie Val :)

Good afternoon friends and fans of the Ajijic Zombie Horde.  Just talked with Hector from Manix who is catering our Dinner in the Plaza following the event this Saturday.  He's hoping to get a good idea of how many tickets have been sold no later than Thursday.  If you haven't purchased your ticket yet, I encourage you to do it today or tomorrow so we can give him a pretty solid number Thursday.  He will need to plan the number of chairs/tables/food, etc.

We're hoping many in our community will come out and join in on the fun and support Cruz Roja at the same time.  There'll also be live music by Sol y Luna in the Gazebo for your dancing pleasure.  

Dining and dancing in the Ajijic Plaza this Saturday sounds delightful.  Please join us. :)

Zombie Val

artsnob, The Zombies perform at 5 pm sharp. They then parade to Seis Esquinas and dance again. After that the horde returns to the plaza. I would guess that the dinner would start around 6 pm. I will see if I get get a definite time for you.

Archived