Chapala.com Webboard

Driving directions from Lakeside to Phoenix, Arizona

gogirl

Drive toward Guadalajara and follow the big green signs toward Nogales. You will be traveling on route 15D, a cuota, all the way to the border at Nogales. When you cross, you will be on I-19 and merge onto I-10 at Tucson, and continue on I-10 to Phoenix.

Plan on a three day drive on major roads.

If it is really urgent.....fly.

I just made the trip last week.  I used google maps on my Iphone.  It works very well.    I stayed on 15D Cuota road(toll).  Tolls were right around $1700.  Gas cost me about the same and hotel was $650.  I left here at first light, I packed a lunch, snacks and water and just stopped for gas and a washroom break.  Take the road out of here toward Guadalajara which passes the airport.  Follow the signs for Nogales and then Cuota.  You don't stop in these towns but bypass them, but you follow the signs for the city.  They are Tepic, Mazatlan, Culican,  you go through these towns Los Mochis, Navajoa, Obregon, Hermosillo, Nogales.  I stopped in Navajoa and got there at around 5pm.  You gain two hours on the way there.  I stayed at Fiesta Inn on the left near the end of town.  It got light around 6ish in the am and I left when light.  I made to Phoenix by 5pm or so.  Take cash for the trip, your passort, and resident card.  Road was rough from Obregon to Hermosillo but the rest of the road were very good.  Safe travels!

Archived