Chapala.com Webboard

kosika

I need to fence in my yard as protection for my dog. There are 4 numbers for fencing listed in the local phone book and 2 of them did not speak English so they ended the call and the other number did not answer at all. I need someone who understands English and I would like to do this within the next 2 weeks.

I appreciate any suggestions or recommendations. Thank you.

Do a forum search for contractors. In the threads, you'll find the ones who speak English. They will hire the fence guy to do the work, you can deal with the English speaking contractor, they'll communicate to the iron worker. The Hernandez brothers have an uncle, Joel, who is an iron worker who did nice work for us on security fencing.

37 minutes ago, zerbit said:

Do a forum search for contractors. In the threads, you'll find the ones who speak English. They will hire the fence guy to do the work, you can deal with the English speaking contractor, they'll communicate to the iron worker. The Hernandez brothers have an uncle, Joel, who is an iron worker who did nice work for us on security fencing.

As I read this thread, I receive a call from one the Hernandez brothers that they could not show up for an appointment that was made last week because "my truck is not working".

This is for work that has already been paid for and needs some fine tuning. 

1 hour ago, FlyFree said:

As I read this thread, I receive a call from one the Hernandez brothers that they could not show up for an appointment that was made last week because "my truck is not working".

This is for work that has already been paid for and needs some fine tuning. 

Search the forums, Hernandez bros are one option, they are an example. Should be numerous others. Or, put together enough Spanish to initiate the conversation and use photos to do the rest. Or find a Spanish / English speaking friend to initiate the conversation.

Archived