Chapala.com Webboard

Hacienda del Lago?

Willie

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have been informed that when there is a "proposed change' in surrounding area,  a letter has to be sent out to "neighbors" advising of the "proposed" changes and input/Protest etc.

When I had a situation in Rebaris with a new marble counter top work shop going this procedure was never followed. "The person" in the planning department has this responsibility. Regardless of numerous visits with the past President and promises made, the work shop continued. The city hall guys were playing the blame game.

In the ensuing period there has been a "Noise" ordinance in place. Maybe this will help your group

Continued good luck with your efforts and try not to be the first people around the table to blink.

Noise and smell and other degrading changes in neighborhoods should not be acceptable if the proper procedures are not followed, being in Mexico or not

8 hours ago, Metuchenmama said:

Shortly after the presidente took office I was approached by a Mexican with ties to the new administration who wanted to know if I would help organize protests when high rise buildings were beginning to be approved as it would totally change the already congested life of the local communities.  The quality of life has already changed and the roads, water availability, electric supply and internet  are already over taxed.

I got the feeling from the conversation that the presidente has plans for a second term and that the planning for the changes in zoning and business contacts would be set up in a first term and then be executed in a second.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think a Mayor (Pesidente/Alcalde) can run for two consecutive three year terms in Mexico.

• 2 weeks later...

Maincoons is wrong. Hacienda del lago has aquired their license and are open for business. i think its time to let it go and should consider looking for something else to complain about. Hacienda Del Lago is a wonderful restaurant with great food and an exceptional staff. come visit and find out for yourself.

4 hours ago, dan taylor said:

Maincoons is wrong. Hacienda del lago has aquired their license and are open for business. i think its time to let it go and should consider looking for something else to complain about. Hacienda Del Lago is a wonderful restaurant with great food and an exceptional staff. come visit and find out for yourself.

Hmmm, somehow I seriously doubt it but I'll let a community member confirm this post is incorrect.  I do know they were allowed to operate over the holidays when the government was closed but that isn't the same as getting licenses, which will require a formal appeal of the denial, hearings, etc. 

So we'll see.  Perhaps a member of the community who is up to date on things will report in?

And Nebie Dan, just remember it isn't over until its over. :D

Loud vendors with crazy speakers, bad traffic light system on the Carretera that jams the entire strip from west Ajijic to la Floresta, shitty roads with so much dust and garbage, fireworks in the middle of the night till 6 am that sound like cannons blowing your ear drums, abandoned dogs free to roam by irresponsible $%&/()s, corrupted politicians that don't really give a damn about improving any infrastructure to stimulate the economy.....

There are so many other things to complain before we complain about the "damage" a bed and breakfast that caters to old retired people is doing to Ajijic. 

Edit: word idi.ot was censored. Kinda made me laugh. 

16 minutes ago, Crazydog said:

Loud vendors with crazy speakers, bad traffic light system on the Carretera that jams the entire strip from west Ajijic to la Floresta, shitty roads with so much dust and garbage, fireworks in the middle of the night till 6 am that sound like cannons blowing your ear drums, abandoned dogs free to roam by irresponsible $%&/()s, corrupted politicians that don't really give a damn about improving any infrastructure to stimulate the economy.....

There are so many other things to complain before we complain about the "damage" a bed and breakfast that caters to old retired people is doing to Ajijic. 

I find it humorous that using "shitty" and "damn" is allowed but "$%&/()s" gets censored. This board needs a style guide.

Edit: hahahaha. I see what it did there and now know why you put a period in the midst of the word. I actually typed the word and got censored as you did. But shitty and damn are ok-fine. Now it is even funnier.

It's always easy to offer the advice to "just put up with it" when it isn't your own neighborhood that is getting trashed.

Yet.

Problem is, Crazydog, you could be next and then you could add that to your list.  

Keep that in mind.  Oh, and:

Spencer Kimball said:

“Profanity is the effort of a feeble brain to express itself forcibly.”

This whole thread is a NIMBY thing.  Times change, neighbourhoods change, and like Crazydog said, there are worse things to complain about than a high-end restaurant and B & B next door.  I would welcome them in my neighbourhood, rather than many of the other corners that I see in town, literally with trash piled up high and being torn apart by dogs and scavengers.

We actually have a nice restaurant with a small B&B in our neighborhood - literally across the street from our house. It wasn't there when we bought the house over ten years ago but it is there now and seems to stay pretty busy. Looks like it is there to stay.

We have no problem with the business or its owner at all. However, we do occasionally have problems with very inconsiderate visitors to this business blocking our driveway. And some of the neighbors have trouble finding a place to park when the restaurant is open. This is a mostly Mexican neighborhood and no one - including us - has expressed any complaints or has made a fuss with the owner.

Interestingly one of our Mexican neighbors calls every once in a while when they come home from work and ask if they can park in front of our driveway until the restaurant shuts down so they can find another place to park. We all just deal with. Life is much too short to get worked up about something like this.

This IS in my backyard and I never really give it much thought. We still love our neighborhood and especially our wonderful Mexican neighbors.

YMMV

I recently visited the Hacienda de Lago and I was quite impressed.  They have done a very good job re-modeling the rooms and the property.  I believe they only have 9 rooms so it is not that big and they have a very nice restaurant as well. It is a classy place and they are  catering to the high end so I don't see that there will be a problem with the noise.  It is not a party place or eventos center,  nor is it a loud restaurant like La Bodega.  I think it would be best that people go there and check it out before making comments.

16 hours ago, Crazydog said:

Wow - it sounds like you should move to a better class of neighbourhood, sounds kind of ghetto to me. Did you live in a ghetto when you lived up north?

3 minutes ago, RORRO said:

All I know is that the owner is laundering money from drugs and corruption and pay a good bribe to open this place because it is illegal. If you support this place you are supporting the corruption that we want to eliminate so much in Mexico. Please dont support this kind of people

where do you get your information? EVERYTHING you just posted is TOTALY wrong. if you choose to make such statements, you should start your message off with " in my opinion"

RORRO: please provide the source and evidence for your accusation that the owner of Hacienda del Lago is "laundering money from drugs and corruption" and that "a good bribe" was paid "to open this place because it is illegal." Those are serious accusations and I hope for your sake you have proof that they are true. 

Archived