Chapala.com Webboard

Money stolen

We sold our car and received American dollars. This wasnt' a  problem because we were going to the US. Some of it was used to help others who needed Us money. But there was at least $3,000 USD . It was in a closet in a purse way behind clothes where things going to US were kept kept in a bedroom. If you open the closet door you could not see it.

No one goes into that room, not even the maid.  We went to get the money and it was all gone except $300.  The only person we can think of is the exterminator.  Another person told us they found the exterminator fellow walking out with a tool chest.   If anyone else has had any experience , please message me with the name of the service. If someone wants to know I will private message,  We are looking for another service.

Guest bennie2

a very expensive bracelet was taken (1000s of$$s) from a condo in about 5 years ago. they left it out on the dresser. the room had been exterminated. why leave $$$ in a closet where the exterminter is going to be alone inthat room???? when he pushed back the clothes to spray the back of closet he saw the bag. bingo. they do well @ lakeside, & its kind of a perk. what are people thinking? no worker is alone in any of my rooms ever. 

So sorry for the violation of your property, and trust.

We have used this man for twice-yearly exterminating in our house, gardens and stables, for the past 5 years.  We ALWAYS leave him alone.  No problems.  We also use him for occasional welding repairs; and I know that he has driven for foreigners, and run errands for them.  He lives with his wife and kids in SAT, and speaks some English.  If you call him, feel free to say that Senora Jane from Rancho del Paso recommended him.

Edwin Gallegos de Dios

(331) 110-7651

Guest bennie2

"good" @ stealing? not really. when an exterminator sprays inside a closet, he see's the contents of what is inside. hello. this is not a mystery story. leaving a purse is an invitation to OPEN the purse. why let stangers near your intimate things? $ jewelry eyeglasses phones electronics should be locked up, out of view. if you want to let strangers roam your house un attended you get what you get. it's really very simple. i call it the bigotry of low expections. some people are honest, but why run a test? its your choice.

Archived