Chapala.com Webboard

swimming open to the public

Stymie

The Newer pool in Riberas is on the Caraterra just past S&S and the chicken place on the N. side. There is a great, huge water play complex at Villa Corona. If you check your map you'll see if you go to the Colima highway through Jocotepec and then jog slightly and take the highway to Barra Navadid. It is just a few miles down on the left. The name is Parque Acuatico Agua Caliente

Directions 1 hour, 54k

1 h (54.4 km)

via México 23 and Guadalajara-Morelia/Morelia-Guadalajara/México 15 N

53 min without traffic
Ajijic, Jalisco
Take Hidalgo to Carr Jocotepec-chapala/Poniente/México 23
2 min (400 m)

maneuvers-2x.png

maneuvers-2x.png

Follow México 23Guadalajara-Morelia/Morelia-Guadalajara/México 15 N and México 80 O toHidalgo in Villa Corona
53 min (53.3 km)

maneuvers-2x.png

maneuvers-2x.png

maneuvers-2x.png

maneuvers-2x.png

maneuvers-2x.png

maneuvers-2x.png

Continue on Hidalgo. Drive to Calle Morelos inCorona Centro
4 min (750 m)

maneuvers-2x.png

maneuvers-2x.png

maneuvers-2x.png

Villa Corona, Jalisco

I have always heard positive comments about swimming at the Hotel Monte Carlo.  Reasonable fees, I have heard.  The hotel is on the lake side of the Carretera, just before you enter Chapala proper coming in from Ajijic.  I think Farmacia Guadalajara is across the small side street from it, also on the south side of the highway.  There is a restaurant at the hotel as well.

I spoke to my neighbors and they said the price of Monte Carlo is about 450 pesos a month pass which is about what you pay for one day at the San Juan Cosala Hotsprings. We are going on Monday so I will report daily prices later.

• 1 year later...

Archived