Chapala.com Webboard

Eye Glasses

kosika

I have been in Ajijic just 5 months so I am not yet familiar with all that is available to me. I only brought one pair of glasses with me and yesterday I noticed that one of my lenses is loose. Is there somewhere here in the village that I can take them for repair before they fall apart?

Thank you

He is on the lake side of each carretera in Riberas and just across the side street from Mom's restaurant. That would be just east of the Telecable office and sign. They replaced a score in my glasses there several years ago and charged me 20 pesos. The screw is still in my glasses :-))

where is dr camacho located in chapala? pinto can be a pain in the neck. all i need is 2 pairs tightend. maybe another pair glued if they can do that, & put the lense back.

Any Optico should be able to do those things for you.  There are some in Chapala, if you just cruise around a bit and look for the signs.  I recall one on Hidalgo, lake side west of Madero, and another on Madero.  There is a good one on one of the E-W streets; maybe Degollado.  They are not hard to find.

RV: i tried someone in chapala who said about 6 years ago that it would be 70 pesos & take a week to do. i dont trust most of these people (douteful i would have seen my glasses again, he told me it takes time on the machine). im not looking for a list of places. i asked about a recent reccommendation

• 1 month later...

Nothing in Ajijic? I really don't want to have to take the bus or spend money on a cab to find a place in Chapala to tighten a screw on my glasses frame.

7 minutes ago, ibarra said:

Perhaps Opticas Milenium  (Carr. Ote. 177)  can help you. They are almost straight across the street from El Torrito, Yoly's Beauty Salon etc., and near Telmex in Ajijic.

They've done repairs for me.  They are also good at getting prescriptions filled or giving exams.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks, everyone. As it turned out, I ended up at Lake Chapala Society on a day that the optometrist's clinic was open, and a very nice person fixed my glasses without charge. 

Archived