Chapala.com Webboard

Hospital Country 2000 Great Experience

In case, you are considering a hospital in Guadalajara, my husband had surgery yesterday at Hospital Country 2000.  It is fairly new and the rooms are very nice with a recliner and a couch that makes into a bed (sheet, pillow, blanket provided).   English is widely spoken from Edwardo at the front door, check-in, at least one nurse on both shifts for this unit, the pharmacist and even some workers in the cafeteria (open 24 hrs).  There is free parking for one vehicle during the entire stay plus one free meal in the cafeteria for spouse, friend or whoever accompanies the patient.  With our Met Health coverage, there was a 50% reduction in the deductible as the hospital is part of the Met Health network.  It beats or compares favorably with previous experiences at Versailles, Jose San Javier and Puerto Hierro Norte.

This is a review of the general hospital stay and how our stress was reduced by the fact that english was widely spoken.   We have no comment on the surgery itself or the surgical facilities as these questions are best answered by your doctor.

Google to the rescue:

MetLife: Inicio

www.metlife.com.mx/
Ofrece seguros de vida, gastos médicos, accidentes y de inversión, así como seguros para empresas.

Seguro de Gastos Médicos

¿Por qué tener un seguro de gastos médicos? Porque te ...

Directorio Médico

Directorio Médico ... ¿Deseas localizar un Médico ...

MetLife | Página de Error

Fuerza de Ventas ... Individualizado · Adquiere un ...

Preguntas Frecuentes

Preguntas Frecuentes. Guía Fiscal. ¿Cómo elaborar la Declaración ...

Seguros de Vida

¿Qué es un seguro de vida? Protege a quienes dependen ...

Appreciate your info very much as Country 2000 is also on the Best Doctors list as is Puerto de Hierro Norte which I would not return to as it is was a two hour drive during rush hours and there was no English spoken other than when my doctor visited. Thanks, Mom!

I went there for minor surgery and I was very happy...My husband stayed there for a week and I was not happy  and would not recommend it anymore at all so mileage  may vary depending on how many days you stay. 

Fvery few nurses spoke English, that did not bother me because I speak Spanish but I would not go in there assuming everyone speaks English either.

We've just had a bad experience working with Country 2000 - we sent 5 suitable blood donors there and all but one was denied.

I would like to speak to any one who has recent blood donation experience there or at any other Private Hospital in Guadalajara.

Please PM me. Thx

6 hours ago, lamontf said:

We've just had a bad experience working with Country 2000 - we sent 5 suitable blood donors there and all but one was denied.

I would like to speak to any one who has recent blood donation experience there or at any other Private Hospital in Guadalajara.

Please PM me. Thx

That is interesting, did you ask them why they were refused?

Info on blood donations for hospital patients needs a separate topic title IMO, but I'll post this anyway. So far as I know, all hospitals in Guad have the same or similar requirements for blood donors, but the requirements are very strict and lots of people do not qualify. I believe the Red Cross here tries to keep a list of donors, but donors over a certain age are not acceptable, so few retirees can get on that list. My primary care doctor keeps a list of qualified blood donors, who will go into Guad and donate.

mudgirl:

Go to Bellon across from Superlake and if you are eligible, he will be glad to quote you on Met Life of Mexico for the plan and deductible you choose.

I have had MetLife with him for years and have used it many times.  Never a problem with them paying.

My husband was there for a week and we were extremely pleased.  If one of the nurses did not speak English they went and got someone who could.  They came immediately when we buzzed.  We could not have been more satisfied, we go there again if needed and the charges were very reasonable 

14 hours ago, JayBearII said:

Info on blood donations for hospital patients needs a separate topic title IMO, but I'll post this anyway. So far as I know, all hospitals in Guad have the same or similar requirements for blood donors, but the requirements are very strict and lots of people do not qualify. I believe the Red Cross here tries to keep a list of donors, but donors over a certain age are not acceptable, so few retirees can get on that list. My primary care doctor keeps a list of qualified blood donors, who will go into Guad and donate.

I agreed and will start one shortly - just be aware that the RC donor list and info needs updating and we are working on it.

My husband is O negative and had a recent blood transfusion at Country 2000 who has their own blood bank, We were asked to replaced the blood but it did not have to be O Negative  . I went there with a couple of people who were found not acceptable, one was borderline anemic and the other was turned dow because the bank had too many donations of O positive.. So I dropped subject and never replaced the blood.

sorry but when the blood bank tells you to give them blood and you finally find someone who fits what hey need and then then they tell you they do not want that blood because they have too much they have lost me.

It is not easy to find blood donors, then they have to take time off work , then go to Guadalajara and been told the bank does not need the blood, , I walk away.

The surgeon agreed, that made no sense whatsoever.

• 5 months later...

Where is this hospital. Nothing above shows that.

Found it. It is in the north of the city by Jardines del Country on Av. Cvln. Jorge Álvarez del Castillo 1542, Chapultepec Country, 44610 Guadalajara, Jal.

Hubby was there last week for surgery and it was as pleasant experience as going to the hospital can be. It's a good idea to have a decent command of Spanish for some of the staff, but they were very gracious and always found someone who spoke English. Usually, the doctors do. The room was excellent, the couch was comfy for me and bedding was brought in so that I could stay with hubby. I have no hesitation in recommending Hospital Country 2000.

(One recommendation:  unless you really, really know Guadalajara, just take a taxi. Yes, there's parking and it's all well organized, but the peace of mind of not having to drive in Guad was worth every peso to me.)

I would not reommend this hospital for a longer stay, past the few firt day the attention to the patient goes down hill especially personl hygiene.Make sure the couch you will sleep on is comfortable. Mine was wobbly and unfomfortable and it is ok for a day or 2 but not longer.  Getting out of there was a long processed and we were overcharged so I had to battle to get the money back and go back there. 

We previously recommended this hospital but after a recent extended stay, had  problems checking out.  The hospital, earlier in the stay, sent someone to see me to say the insurance company was not going to pay the bill, in spite of the fact that we had pre-approval, and that we needed to pay and the insurance company would reimburse us. This was not actually the case.  To cut a long story short, we gave them a substantial deposit - most of it has now been refunded but getting them to return the money NOB proved impossible.  It was a slow and irritating process getting the refund.  Based on my conversations with staff there, I gathered that demanding a deposit from people with local insurance coverage was a far from rare occurrence.  Our decision was not to return to the hospital unless it's the only one available.

Archived