Chapala.com Webboard

Purified Water Delivery

jak

Seeking phone numbers or website information for ordering Agua delivered to our house in Ajijic.  

I've read (in a recent Facebook thread) that some random water trucks are to be avoided due to the low-quality of their purification methods... and that some just fill the garafons from the street water... so we're looking for recommendations.

• Do you have a favorite: Santorini? Bonafont? Ciel? other?  
  • How do you request delivery? (who do you call? at what number, etc)

Thanks in advance!

If you observe, you will see multiple trucks making deliveries to neighborhoods, with a man often calling out, “AGUA“, as he makes deliveries into your neighbor‘s homes.  I would take your neighbor‘s choice as a reasonable recommendation and give it a try. Just ask the guy for a garrafon, or two, and show him where you want it placed. On the first delivery, you will pay for the container, unless you have a good one to trade in.

The other option is to call the phone number displayed on the truck.  That may not be quite as effective.

I call Sal as do many of my friends.  His number is 331 071 7007.  His English is good and he will tell you the approximate time of his arrival.  I see now that Sal and Chava must be the same person.  It's the same phone number.

I have moved to San Juan Cosala.  I would appreciate information regarding water delivery there.

Thanks everyone. We used to just hang an 'AGUA' sign out by the street, but the quality seems to be widely variable between the branded trucks and the do-it-yourselfers.  

Is Katya in Chapala ?

Has anyone tried Electro Aua - new place on the corner of Constitucion and Encarnacion Rosas? 

Sunnyvmx

Puricenter is the local water purifier and delivery service in San Juan Cosala.

You can visit them and pick up your own at their purification/refilling location

which is on De Cardenal (The North/South street at the traffic light) They are 1/2 

block south of the plaza on the west side of the street. Picked up price is 11 pesos.

Or you can call them and they will deliver. I think the delivered price is 14 pesos.

Info, including phone, can be found here:

http://www.siem.gob.mx/siem/portal/consultas/ced_empresa.asp?siem_id=2815306&cadenas=0

• 4 years later...
On 7/20/2016 at 10:11 AM, jak said:

Thanks everyone. We used to just hang an 'AGUA' sign out by the street, but the quality seems to be widely variable between the branded trucks and the do-it-yourselfers.  

Is Katya in Chapala ?

Has anyone tried Electro Aua - new place on the corner of Constitucion and Encarnacion Rosas? 

Electro employees will not wear masks.  We told them that we will not return.

Here is another option to consider

https://www.aguagente.com

I signed up for their service and am very happy with it. They install a filter system and service it with new filters when needed. I don't have to fool with the garafons and I always have good water. It always tastes great and it simplifies my life. 

A good deal too at $14.18 per month with auto pay. All the water you want.

• Thanks 1

Your heading is a bit misleading. It probably is not purified water but water in garafons. If you want purified water some of the bottlerd water may be.

Hi Cedros,

I think maybe the poster is correct.  Others here have indicated that you can get garafons of water with no pedigree.  That will not assure that the water has been treated to remove pathogens or minerals.  For best water here, getting reverse osmosis water has an advantage.  It removes pathogens with UV radiation and then the minerals by the osmosis process.  Wherever the water comes from the deep wells, it can have a high arsenic and heavy metals content. 

Drinking only RO water has a downside; since it doesn't have any minerals in it, it can leach those like calcium which you need for your bones.  If you drink it, please take corresponding minerals.  As we get older, it becomes more difficult to maintain good bone structure.  My Dr. recommended Citrical but it is hard to find here.

Rick 

Blood tests before surgery for a blown appendix showed normal magnesium. My Dr. asked why and I said I drank agua mineral with lime juice every day. He agreed that it was probably the reason and recommended that I forever continue. Filtered water takes the bad but also the good. 

16 hours ago, Colo-Rick said:

Hi Cedros,

I think maybe the poster is correct.  Others here have indicated that you can get garafons of water with no pedigree.  That will not assure that the water has been treated to remove pathogens or minerals.  For best water here, getting reverse osmosis water has an advantage.  It removes pathogens with UV radiation and then the minerals by the osmosis process.  Wherever the water comes from the deep wells, it can have a high arsenic and heavy metals content. 

Drinking only RO water has a downside; since it doesn't have any minerals in it, it can leach those like calcium which you need for your bones.  If you drink it, please take corresponding minerals.  As we get older, it becomes more difficult to maintain good bone structure.  My Dr. recommended Citrical but it is hard to find here.

Rick 

I get my Citrical by asking my pharmacy to order it.  No problem.  It is NOT calcium carbonate which is like eating ground up oyster shells and not well absorbed.  Usually I get it in the States when I go because I can get Costo brand which is much cheaper.