Chapala.com Webboard

I have used homeopathy both in New Mexico and Mexico. It works for me sometimes. It is worth a try for certain things. I have been mostly a lifetime herbalist, so it took me awhile to get on board with this alternative. I learned a great deal while working in a vitamin/herb store. It opened me up when I heard stories of positive results from customers. I began trying it for a few things with mixed results. The thing I like is that if it doesn't work, it doesn't harm you, unlike many pharmaceuticals. I have actually had great results for several things where I was at the end of my rope and nothing else had been working.

I don't believe in big pharma, or pharmaceutical technicians and I won't be duped.   I do believe in a good surgeon and ER for broken bones etc.   I'll send you a pm.  Maybe we could meet up for tea.  I've been fruitarian raw vegan since January along with taking herbs and glandulars.  I'm not into isolates.  A lot of people have noticed I'm on my way to Wellville as I eat my fresh fruit.    

For those not educated about healthcare,

There's an informative film streaming for free called, "Bought." Worth the time to watch it if you're one not aware.  Pharmaceutical drugs don't cure anything, they only treat symptoms and cause more problems, they're acidic and we need to be base/alkaline.   If you're interested in reversing sickness, you can unless you wait too long to do anything about it.  Even late stage patients can improve their quality of life by eating raw fruit.    

http://www.boughtmovie.com

• Like 1

9 hours ago, MyHomeSweetHome said:

I don't believe in big pharma, or pharmaceutical technicians and I won't be duped.   I do believe in a good surgeon and ER for broken bones etc.   I'll send you a pm.  Maybe we could meet up for tea.  I've been fruitarian raw vegan since January along with taking herbs and glandulars.  I'm not into isolates.  A lot of people have noticed I'm on my way to Wellville as I eat my fresh fruit.    

For those not educated about healthcare,

There's an informative film streaming for free called, "Bought." Worth the time to watch it if you're one not aware.  Pharmaceutical drugs don't cure anything, they only treat symptoms and cause more problems, they're acidic and we need to be base/alkaline.   If you're interested in reversing sickness, you can unless you wait too long to do anything about it.  Even late stage patients can improve their quality of life by eating raw fruit.    

Great link... Check your PM box!

In the same vein, I'm not sure they are considered holistic, but definitely are alternative. My Corgi  is seriously allergic to fleas. If I missed his flea drops by even a couple of days, he was scratching like a fiend and biting himself and causing hot spots. He is a little flea magnet. Six months ago I bought a Kokoty Flea Repellent Pendent  I know an ultrasonic device makes no sense and that most Vets would tell me it couldn't work. I also know that my dog hasn't had a flea attack since he got the pendant. And no hot spots. And we are both happy about that.

Sometimes you have to open your mind to possibilities.

3 hours ago, MtnMama said:

In the same vein, I'm not sure they are considered holistic, but definitely are alternative. My Corgi  is seriously allergic to fleas. If I missed his flea drops by even a couple of days, he was scratching like a fiend and biting himself and causing hot spots. He is a little flea magnet. Six months ago I bought a Kokoty Flea Repellent Pendent  I know an ultrasonic device makes no sense and that most Vets would tell me it couldn't work. I also know that my dog hasn't had a flea attack since he got the pendant. And no hot spots. And we are both happy about that.

Sometimes you have to open your mind to possibilities.

Having an open mind is key.

I do not think what I use for fleas, is considered holistic in the least.  However, our homeopathic vet recommends neem as it is extremely safe, that recommendation coming without selling me any of the products.  So it is nice to know that neem does not interfere with their system and is safe to use while treating with a homeopathic remedy.

There are many safe (non-pesticide) flea preventives.  It does take some research to find those, and I have heard of that pendant. It looked enticing, and too good to be true.  I am not surprised it worked for your dog, I had heard good reports on that.  I tempted when I looked at that pendant, but my dogs are oh so exposed and we are very active (hiking) with them and their doggy friends.

I decide to go with a natural Neem pet concentrate, and have been impressed with that. The small bottle mixes up over a year of applications.  We have not found a flea/tick yet on our dogs, and they hike and roll around in the mountains, sometimes with other dogs which we found to have fleas after the fact.  None of those fleas found ours appealing, so this must be working.  

On 7/17/2016 at 6:59 PM, PORTIMOM said:

Having an open mind is key.

I do not think what I use for fleas, is considered holistic in the least.  However, our homeopathic vet recommends neem as it is extremely safe, that recommendation coming without selling me any of the products.  So it is nice to know that neem does not interfere with their system and is safe to use while treating with a homeopathic remedy.

There are many safe (non-pesticide) flea preventives.  It does take some research to find those, and I have heard of that pendant. It looked enticing, and too good to be true.  I am not surprised it worked for your dog, I had heard good reports on that.  I tempted when I looked at that pendant, but my dogs are oh so exposed and we are very active (hiking) with them and their doggy friends.

I decide to go with a natural Neem pet concentrate, and have been impressed with that. The small bottle mixes up over a year of applications.  We have not found a flea/tick yet on our dogs, and they hike and roll around in the mountains, sometimes with other dogs which we found to have fleas after the fact.  None of those fleas found ours appealing, so this must be working.  

Where can I find the Neem product?

for some reason i cannot pm you....i have been studying and using homeopathy for more than 25 years with good results. belief is not necessary as it works well with animals and i've used it with an autistic boy who is graduating from high school this year after being mute until 7 years old. it is effective, cheap and not unpleasant to use. maybe we should start a group for sharing experiences.

14 hours ago, the walkers said:

for some reason i cannot pm you....i have been studying and using homeopathy for more than 25 years with good results. belief is not necessary as it works well with animals and i've used it with an autistic boy who is graduating from high school this year after being mute until 7 years old. it is effective, cheap and not unpleasant to use. maybe we should start a group for sharing experiences.

I tried to PM you.  

Your preferences may need adjustment, or your mailbox may be too full.

I know who you are in person, and can contact you off this board if need be.

See if you can fix your preferences, and if not let me know!

• 4 years later...

Hi Portimom and others interested in homeopathy,

I am a homeopath living in San Miguel, GTO, thinking of moving to Jalisco. Looking to make connections in the area. You can email me at rrandor [at] gmail.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Btw, anyone skeptical of homeopathy can do a homeopathic proving and experience directly the power of homeopathic remedies. Only had a skeptic take me up on it once but hope springs eternal. They seem to prefer what they read in Wikipedia to direct experience for some reason; a sort of willful ignorance.

8 hours ago, Random Coolzip said:

Hi Portimom and others interested in homeopathy,

Firstly this post is 4 years old so it is possible that a lot of those who posted are no longer on this website. Secondly, If you want to flog your talents perhaps joining some of the local/lakeside FB pages would be more beneficial as there seems to be a thriving 'alternative medical' community here

8 hours ago, Random Coolzip said:

Btw, anyone skeptical of homeopathy can do a homeopathic proving and experience directly the power of homeopathic remedies. Only had a skeptic take me up on it once but hope springs eternal. They seem to prefer what they read in Wikipedia to direct experience for some reason; a sort of willful ignorance.

• Like 2