Chapala.com Webboard

Faster Internet in Rancho del Oro / Villa Nova Anyone?

This thread was started by Tom in June of 2016. I would imagine that Telmex didn't step up to the plate. The Ilox thread is from within the last month. So the change of heart is not about Ilox but about Telmex. Who can blame him. Doing business with Telmex is somewhat akin to talking to a brick wall.

Yes, Tom may prove to be the saviour for those who need better Internet. If he is motivated by his own desire to get faster speeds, that's just fine with me. Meantime, the old thread makes me wonder: TelMex offered a whole lot better price than Ilox to get going, but not too many people were interested.

The only way to get telmex and izzi making real investments is by adding an other provider to the market as i mentioned in this thread long time ago. That's what happened in my neighborhood. It was until axtel and totalplay entered my neighborhood with fiber optics when telmex and telecable made their services much better. It is nice to see Tom found ilox as a new provider to enter the market at lakeside.

Dave,

You've got it backwards.  That was an old post. Look at the date, its summer 2016.  About 30 people signed up, I took it to Telmex and they never responded.  That effort fizzled.  Thats when we learned about the Ilox fiber cable and decided to approach them late this year. 

I have no pecuniary interest in either Ilox or Telmex.  I own a home in Rancho del Oro and would like to see high speed Internet come to the area.  I make my living selling electronic components in Latin America and haven't retired yet. ..

Tom

Archived