Chapala.com Webboard

Need a Pain Mgt Doctor

14 hours ago, tomgates said:

Why not just use Mexican heroin. Seriously is this a question with all the focus on opiad abuse??

I can't believe you would post something like this. The original poster said he has  a diagnosis of cancer. Do you have ANY idea what that is like ?    I certainly hope you or a family member never have to go through severe pain.  Yes there is abuse out there, but I don't believe everyone that takes an opiate is an abuser.  Shame on you.     

• Like 2

My thoughts and prayers are with you.

I would think the doctor(s) who diagnosed you would be in a good position to advise you.

Stay close and connected to friends and family.

On 7/5/2016 at 4:41 PM, Zeb said:

I am speaking from our personal experience as I definitely don't know everything.  He was unable to prescribe what my spouse needed, so we ended up having to go to someone else.   I am just giving a comment as this is what happened with us.  If others get good treatment from him, then I am happy for them.  It is never about me being right or an expert.  No need to attack. 

Does your new doctor prescribe oxicotin or codeine or do you know one that does?

On 4/19/2017 at 4:54 PM, geeser said:

Remember that most farmicas do not stock narcotics. I was able to get pain management drugs plus an interntaional certificate for when I travel and carry them with me. I don't think there is any way to get them through a pharmacy the anesthesiologist will hand deliver them to you or to your physician. Dr Lastra and his anesthesiologist took good care of me  It is not a great system but......

Could you please explain what a international certificate  is and how do you get it, sounds like something I might need when I move down. Thanks

21 hours ago, monkey grease said:

Does your new doctor prescribe oxicotin or codeine or do you know one that does?

As stated earlier, I provided the name of a doctor than can prescribe those types of medications, and there are several others as well who have the proper licensing to prescribe them.  I would prefer not to answer this question on a public forum such as this one,  as it is personal.  And, as you can see there are people just waiting to pass judgment on a medical situation about which they know nothing.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, tomgates said:

Why not just use Mexican heroin. Seriously is this a question with all the focus on opiad abuse??

The topic is not about opiod abuse.  It is about a very ill person who is dying and needs help.  I can tell you I know something about that.  If you want to express opinions about that topic, start your own thread.  This discussion is about helping someone in need.  There is a lot of hysteria from government sources who have regulated the hell out of the pain relief.  I can tell you for sure that there are people committing suicide because they cannot get pain relief.  Lives have been ruined because some bureaucrat has no understanding of the suffering patients tolerate.  This is a very serious issue.  I hope you never find yourself in that situation.  You may someday be dying and in unrelenting pain or know someone who is, and you will rethink what you have written here.

Best to contribute to the discussion if you have something to help this person.  Otherwise, don't criticize another being who is suffering.

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, Zeb said:

The topic is not about opiod abuse.  It is about a very ill person who is dying and needs help.  I can tell you I know something about that.  If you want to express opinions about that topic, start your own thread.  This discussion is about helping someone in need.  There is a lot of hysteria from government sources who have regulated the hell out of the pain relief.  I can tell you for sure that there are people committing suicide because they cannot get pain relief.  Lives have been ruined because some bureaucrat has no understanding of the suffering patients tolerate.  This is a very serious issue.  I hope you never find yourself in that situation.  You may someday be dying and in unrelenting pain or know someone who is, and you will rethink what you have written here.

Best to contribute to the discussion if you have something to help this person.  Otherwise, don't criticize another being who is suffering.

Well stated Zeb. We are not all the same and do not metabolize pain meds in the same way. I have now witnessed the deaths of two people that I love who were in excruciating pain for the last weeks/months of their lives... and it didn't matter what was prescribed... it wasn't enough.

Godammit... we treat our pets with more empathy and do not let them suffer needlessly.

FYI

The original post was from almost a year ago as were the first 22 replies. Then for some reason Robert pulled up the thread and commented on it. Those of us who do not look at the dates of OPs and knew OldyFeliz assumed he had posted. At dinner tonight I ran into a friend of OldyFeliz and happily asked how he was doing. He stared at me and then said his friend died six months ago -- just three months after that post. So you can continue your pain med discussion for the benefit of others but OldyFeliz no longer needs help. If you want to be judgey about pain medication use and abuse take that discussion to another thread. It is not appropriate here.

I cannot offer any help in terms of a doctor but just wanted to share my heartfelt thoughts and blessings to you as you endure your difficult diagnosis.  Pain is something that can be controlled- I wish you God's speed .........and his light in your pain and dealings.

Thank you, Justathought. Whenever something like this happens I tell myself I have to check the date of every OP I read -- especially if I am going to comment.  And, I do it -- for awhile. Then I forget again. It is just part of the web board experience. 

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

I have been a chronic pain patient for nearly twenty years  taking oxycodone & was able to get around well. Last visit to my orthopedic surgeon didn't want to operate and told me that I would have to rely on pain meds, I for the last year been unable to get out of my house because of my pain.  In the U.S. opiates have been taken away or cut to such a low dose they don't help. My wife of 47 years passed away September 17 2018 and I am selling my home and all belongings & moving to Mexico. I haven't decided where but hope to find help with my pain & get my health back.  Any positive response would be appreciated. Money is not a deciding factor. 

THANKS 

S.