Chapala.com Webboard

Ordering from Amazon USA or Amazon MX

Would like to know experiences from ordering both of these sites.  How long does it take to deliver if you order from Amazon in USA vs Mexico?  Is the Mexican site reliable?

Looking for a new cover for my ipad 3.  All comments would be appreciated.  Thanks.

I have successfully ordered multiple times from Amazon MX... I purchased bench tools that were top brands and just slightly more than what Amazon US quoted... Delivery was within a week...

Have had excellent success with Amazon US.  Always received package in less than a week.  And each time I have been credited back most or all of the duty/customs fees about a week after.  The best way to use Amazon US is to set up your permanent shipping address in Mexico.  You can use your home or one of the mailing sevices.  Then when you look at items you are interested in purchasing it will immediately tell you if it ships to Mexico or not.  Also, if you order over $65 the shipping is free.  Prices in the US are also lower.  You can easily track your item on DHL.  It usually arrives in Guadalajara in a day or two.

I order frequently from Amazon USA, and have been totally pleased. Free delivery through DHL right to my door, for orders totalling over $65. I've also had a couple of items refused at customs (my mistake), and Amazon refunded my payment immediately. Their customer service has been exemplary.

I use Amazon in the US frequently and have been very pleased. Last week I wanted an item that did not ship to Mexico, but the same item was not available on Amazon MX. I called customer service in the US and they gave me a different item number to use and walked me through a manual order so I could input that number. I received the item in five days.

I order from Amazon USA all the time. We have Sol y Luna as a mail service so they don't charge to drop ship there if you are a customer. I track the shipment and Sol y Luna emails me when it arrives.  I had ordered my dog a harness and they sent the wrong size. When I called them the apologized & sent the new one which I had in 2 days. The told me to keep the one which was too small or throw it out. I donated it to a small dog being fostered. Unfortunately, it is so easy to buy from Amazon US that I am spending way to much $$$

For shipping to Mexico, customer service at Amazon USA recommends selecting only those items "sold by" and "fulfilled by"  Amazon.    Some items that are on the international shipping list are processed by 3rd party vendors who do not have a customs agent contract and their items are more likely to be stopped at the border, especially if a liquid, or medication, or a powder, or a food product.   Even with that caveat, the service is great!

We order frequently but check cost. Yesterday's order was for 2 outdoor lights, matching others we have. On Amazon.com the final cost delivered to SMA was going to be 1364 pesos. Then I entered the description on amazon.com.mx. The price was 300 pesos less delivered to same address in SMA and coming from same Amazon in the US. I have no idea why but worth checking before ordering. At other times amazon.com is less. 

Often on amazon.com the item indicates no tax and no shipping on items over $65 sent here. But, when ordered there is at least one of those fees appearing on invoice. Once shipped write them and they immediately credit the overcharge and usually more. Very very rarely item does not arrive and they will send again at no cost. If the first order finally arrives they say to keep it. This happened twice out of many orders, one of which did finally arrive and one never did.

Customer service has been excellent with Amazon.

saludos

Sonia

• 1 month later...

I ordered some life jackets on Amazon Mexico Saturday evening. I received an email on Monday saying they were shipped. Estefeta delivered the box Tuesday afternoon even though the original email said the items would be delivered Friday. I chose free shipping because the total met the criteria. No extra fees at delivery but I did have to sign for the box. Better than Amazon Prime in the US, at least for this purchase.

You do have to look at the final page that shows the total to be paid. If there is impuesto it will show up just before you make the final click to order.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm trying to order something from Amazon but it won't let me place the order. It keeps trying to add other things on to the order and then postponing what I really want. Is this because it is only worth $6 ? 

If your order is only six dollars it might be called an " add on" which means it has to be sent to you with another item with a higher value. That should be clearly shown on the item profile. They are putting it in your to be shipped later section because you have not added any other items. They will hold it there in your account until you increase the amount of your order and then ship it, also.

Thanks Al B. I was wondering if it might be something like that. Weird I want it regardless (and will pay) as is. Can you get around the add on business? 

24 minutes ago, cedros said:

Thanks Al B. I was wondering if it might be something like that. Weird I want it regardless (and will pay) as is. Can you get around the add on business? 

Try putting the name of the item in the search to find it when it is not an "add on."

That is how I found the item-using search. I put it in the cart but it says but I can't proceed unless I order something else at which point the thing I want is an add on. I am thinking I could also order a Mexican flag but I'm worried it would be stolen en route. Is that likely? I know that could well happen with the Mexican post.

When that happened to me, I didn't want anything else, either and I didn't want to wait, so I gradually increased the number of that add on until they would let me complete the transaction and sold the extras here. I had nine to get rid of, but I did it. Not recommending that, but that was all I could think of to do. Mine was less than five dollars.

Mexican flag? I did that, too. Not stolen. Arrived on time in perfect condition. Quality made nylon 3 x 5 or thereabouts, made in US with colors on both sides, not the one sided ones they sell here. Beautiful. There's your answer.

Your Amazon order will arrive through UPS, FedEx or DHL, not the Mexican postal service and you will be able to track it online until it is delivered and signed for. Amazon is extremely customer friendly. If There are any issues you might need to report they have gotten back to me within a couple of hours and straightened it out, including an occasional refund.

Archived