Chapala.com Webboard

Costco delivery service

17 hours ago, sm1mex said:

I saw here today in Costco Lopez Mateo.  Very nice lady.  She was shopping for her clientele. 

I have been using her service and have been very pleased with it.  I like it that she does the selecting herself.  Also, if there is something not on her shopping website that is actually in the store, just ask and she'll get it for you.  In my husband's case; hearing aid batteries at a much lower price than at Walmart.

I've recently started using Cynthia's service. She and her husband do the Costco in-store selections themselves, as Gringal says, and that makes a noticeable difference. Her shopping order form has room for comments, so you can ask her to keep an eye out for something you'd especially like to find.

Lexy

• 1 month later...

If anyone is interested in using my shopping services with home delivery, please visit my website at: chapala-pa.com.  I've been in business for nearly 2 years, and last November, my husband joined me to help with my growing business.  We provide shopping services at Costco, Sam's, Office Depot & Home Depot as well as many other stores in GDL.  Let me know what you need, and I'll do my best to find it for you.  I also offer many other services in addition to shopping:  group trips to GDL, tours, translation and airport transportation.  You can also contact me through my website for more information.

I would be willing to take someone to Costco when I go in exchange for a few hundred pesos for expenses. I prefer the Galerias store and i usually have a cooler.

Cynthia's service is great if you cannot or do not want to go to Guad to shop.

As most people know tax in Mexico is paid at the time of purchase.

Cynthia adds the tax into what you owe her (which has already been paid at the time of purchase).  This adds an additional 16% to the cost of your items.

If you are willing to pay an extra 16% using her service is for you.

Autumn Dreams - if you check a Costco receipt, you will see that they do, in fact, add the tax on the end.  The receipt marks which items are taxable and the price shown will be different from the price show on the shelves in the store.  The shelf price includes IVA, the receipt price does not.  So - I do not  believe that Cynthia is adding 16% to already tax included prices.  Please check and let us know. 

Some items do not get charged IVA, so I imagine it helps their records. And they are very good at their records. Cynthia is most definitely not double-taxing. She charges, I believe, a flat rate of $120p up to a certain number of items. I am so tired of driving in Guadalajara after all these years, I really appreciate being able to order online and just await my delivery. Plus it's at least $100p in gas every time I go...

You can make me the devil all you want, it doesn't matter to me.  However, I suggest you check your receipt say from Walmart, Paz, Superlake, Farmacia Guadalajara or any other store and you will find out you get a grand total.  Below that the tax and IVA are shown and NOT added back in.

Do as you wish I really do not care.

Good thing you don't care, otherwise we'd have to read your posts on the topic. :)

I mean, so what if those stores give you a grand total? CostCo receipts do the same, they just break it down differently. And they show you the discounts you also receive, at the end of the bill. Granted, not the easiest thing to decipher; nonetheless...

11 hours ago, AutumnDreams said:

You can make me the devil all you want, it doesn't matter to me.  However, I suggest you check your receipt say from Walmart, Paz, Superlake, Farmacia Guadalajara or any other store and you will find out you get a grand total.  Below that the tax and IVA are shown and NOT added back in.

Do as you wish I really do not care.

It doesn't matter to the discussion how other stores print their receipts.  Costco receipts are broken down differently and Cynthia isn't cheating anyone.  If you can't figure out the simple math, then don't use her services.

3 hours ago, 757 said:

It appeared to me that the IVA is added twice and have stopped using her services.

First of all, I don't know how anyone can infer that Cynthia's receipts add IVA twice; she emails you a copy of her records, which doesn't show the tax anyway.

Costco receipt.png

Actually,  Autumn Dreams raises an interesting question (although she needn't get huffy). Since we aren't along to see the shelf price, let's ask Cynthia how she calculates the tax she adds to the bill.

I just looked at old bills from Lakeside Express. At the top of bill is a column for Costco IVA:*. On the bottom of bill in it says in tiny print:  *Service Fee IVA. Listed alonside taxable items is a figure that makes no sense to me, but there is a total tax added to the total of the bill, plus the service fee of 15 p for each item. In other words, very confusing re. the tax. Cynthia's bill simply adds in the tax to the total of the price of the items plus her fee of 120 p. But the question remains, at least to me: How is the tax figured in?

Superlake and Walmart and Lake Side Animal Shelter Pet Store receipts all show IVA on the bottom of each receipt only to indicate to the customer what the tax came to in the total purchase.

Let's ask Cynthia to solve our questions.

Lexy

My experience, after months of many orders and deliveries, has been that Cynthia's accounting is accurate. I agree with Lexy that it would be helpful if Cynthia would clarify this for us.

For those sick of driving to Guad, this is a great service.  However, for those who aren't pleased, there is always the end result of the big truck which delivers Costco goods to Superlake.  The high markup goes with that choice, however.

Archived