Chapala.com Webboard

Dr. Candy, dentist

Kyle

This is a screen shot of the implants I got from Dr. Candy. It's obvious they were placed outside the bone. I almost lost my jaw from this as it created a massive infection. I lost an adjacent tooth. I had to have them surgically removed and to fix the mess she made will cost me about $20k USD. Anyone know of a good malpractice atty. in Jalisco that you could recommend?

She refuses to even reimburse me for the mal-placed implants let alone the cost to remove them and fix the damage!

I woudn't recomend her. She is now blaming me for this mess!

implant.jpg

38 minutes ago, Gail C said:

This is a screen shot of the implants I got from Dr. Candy. It's obvious they were placed outside the bone. I almost lost my jaw from this as it created a massive infection. I lost an adjacent tooth. I had to have them surgically removed and to fix the mess she made will cost me about $20k USD. Anyone know of a good malpractice atty. in Jalisco that you could recommend?

She refuses to even reimburse me for the mal-placed implants let alone the cost to remove them and fix the damage!

implant.jpg

Holy smokes! Wadda mess!

1 hour ago, Gail C said:

implant.jpg

Why has this April 2016 thread been revived now? This is from a person just on this board for a very short time and is exactly her SECOND post!!! I hope that she is aware of the very strong Defamation Laws here. As pointed out on this thread there are many very happy patients of Dr. Candy here including myself. 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

53 minutes ago, gringohombre said:

Why has this April 2016 thread been revived now? This is from a person just on this board for a very short time and is exactly her SECOND post!!! I hope that she is aware of the very strong Defamation Laws here. As pointed out on this thread there are many very happy patients of Dr. Candy here including myself. 

I don't care how old this post is, obviously Gail wanted to relay a VERY HORRIBLE AND EXPENSIVE experience that she had. You seem so hell bent on defending this dentist simply because you've had good experiences; well, she hasn't. Doesn't it occur to you that she's trying to warn others of what happened to spare them the same potential disaster? You don't have to agree with her, but questioning her integrity/reason for posting is a bit, well, questionable. As for defamation, "truth is the best defense" works for me...not to mention those horrendous x-rays.

Again, I'm so sorry you are experiencing so much pain and expense, Gail. No one should have to go through what you're going through. Thank you for sharing.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Tingting said:

I don't care how old this post is, obviously Gail wanted to relay a VERY HORRIBLE AND EXPENSIVE experience that she had. You seem so hell bent on defending this dentist simply because you've had good experiences; well, she hasn't. Doesn't it occur to you that she's trying to warn others of what happened to spare them the same potential disaster? You don't have to agree with her, but questioning her integrity/reason for posting is a bit, well, questionable. As for defamation, "truth is the best defense" works for me...not to mention those horrendous x-rays.

Again, I'm so sorry you are experiencing so much pain and expense, Gail. No one should have to go through what you're going through. Thank you for sharing.

YOU can go on believing everything posted here and elsewhere in the Ethernet, however I choose to be just a little skeptical...have you not heard of Spam, Trolls, Etc., Etc., Etc.??? Why dig up an almost 5 year old thread, and why with only your SECOND post here??? 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2

23 minutes ago, gringohombre said:

YOU can go on believing everything posted here and elsewhere in the Ethernet, however I choose to be just a little skeptical...have you not heard of Spam, Trolls, Etc., Etc., Etc.??? Why dig up an almost 5 year old thread, and why with only your SECOND post here??? 

I am replying to this only because you are now attacking my naivete...of which I have very little. Just because I don't agree with your uber-defense of the doctor doesn't mean I believe everything posted here or anywhere else; however, x-rays are very convincing while your chest beating defense is not.  Did it occur to you that this woman, as a newbie, did a search on this website and wanted to use an old posting to show a different side? No? As for it being her second post, was she supposed to wait a few months, posting inane comments about the local nightlife, before posting about her bad experience? Maybe she wants to spare others from her experience. Who knows? I will repeat this one more time:  I don't care WHY she posted; I'm grateful that she did and wish her nothing but the best.

• Thanks 4

Also take a look closer at the photo she/he posted. This is not something you would obtain from your dentist. This is something that you would find in a dental student textbook. Give me a break!!! I have not spent almost 50 years being successful in business for nothing...I know how to do research and sniff out bogus claims. 

implant.thumb.jpg.57b20782f89df2331b51fec784bfe4a5.jpg

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

I have only limited experience at computer detective work but in just a short time I uncovered the genesis of this photo on Google that I am posting a screenshot of here...and it was not from his/her dentist!!! I always believe in my instincts and have proven myself right again. Please people, be skeptical of EVERYTHING you suspect of being FAKE NEWS on this or any other platform of this modern miracle that could end up destroying modern civilization!!!

Photo 2.jpg

• Sad 1

9 minutes ago, AngusMactavish said:

What a dumb ###! It may be a CAT scan, but I don't see where you have shown that it was a stolen image. Did you ever consider that Gail C's new dentist ordered a CAT scan to visualize her condition?

And do you believe in Santa Clause??? This is a SCREEN SHOT from Google!!!

• Sad 1

8 minutes ago, AngusMactavish said:

Where is the link? What I see is Google saying it is a CAT scan image with two possible matches. Are you too cheap to subscribe to their search to get the matches?

What does TinEye say?

Capture.JPG

Pleeeze!!! You have the Tin Eye. Go to her/his posted photo, put the curser over it and right click. You will see a box come up...go down to Search Google for Image and then left click and Bingo you will see the Google Image. Did her/his dentist post this? Why has the OP not responded here with his/her defense with her/his THIRD post here??? I do not even know why I am wasting my time...YES Santa Clause is real!!!

• Sad 1

No one will convince gringohombre that the sweet one shouldn’t be doing implants.. If you read his posts he is always supporting her despite the dozens of negative posts about her work.. Gail C wouldn’t be the first one to pursue legal action against her....

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TelsZ4 said:

No one will convince gringohombre that the sweet one shouldn’t be doing implants.. If you read his posts he is always supporting her despite the dozens of negative posts about her work.. Gail C wouldn’t be the first one to pursue legal action against her....

It is not about supporting Dr. Candy, as I do, but about exposing FAKE NEWS and a fraud as I have here...where are you Gail C???

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, Tingting said:

Thanks! I actually used to live in Ajijic and moved back to TX in 2012 after all the horrid kidnappings and murders. I deleted my original account when I left. I still have friends there that I visit occasionally. I decided to go back to get the dental work done there becuase I don't have dental insurance. I should have stayed home and hired the best and most experienced dentist I could find! 

2 minutes ago, gringohombre said:

It is not about supporting Dr. Candy, as I do, but about exposing FAKE NEWS and a fraud as I have here...where are you Gail C???

Hi There, I'm not FAKE and this is NOT FAKE NEWS! I saw Dr. Candy Sept 2020 for the implants. Oct they were removed as they were placed outside the bone, and it infected my jaw. I no longer live in Ajijic, but I was there for about 2 yrs from 2010 to 2012. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Gail C said:

Hi There, I'm not FAKE and this is NOT FAKE NEWS! I saw Dr. Candy Sept 2020 for the implants. Oct they were removed as they were placed outside the bone, and it infected my jaw. I no longer live in Ajijic, but I was there for about 2 yrs from 2010 to 2012. 

And how do you explain the photo that you posted from Google?

• Confused 1

4 minutes ago, Gail C said:

Thanks! I actually used to live in Ajijic and moved back to TX in 2012 after all the horrid kidnappings and murders. I deleted my original account when I left. I still have friends there that I visit occasionally. I decided to go back to get the dental work done there becuase I don't have dental insurance. I should have stayed home and hired the best and most experienced dentist I could find! 

I know you think this is fake. I will attach the letter my perodontist wrote. I blocked out my last name. However, if Dr. Candy reads this she will know exactly who I am! I don't care. I'm coming after her once I get it all fixed and have my total bill.

implant letter.jpg

2 minutes ago, gringohombre said:

Google? haha...no that is my own mouth! Give me your email and I'll send you all the scans my perodontist made. I had to change the format from TIN to JPEG in order to upload it here.

11 minutes ago, Gail C said:

3 minutes ago, gringohombre said:

Sorry, it's NOT from google. It's from a CAT scan that I had. Give me the google link that you think I stole. You're crazy.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, gringohombre said:

Also take a look closer at the photo she/he posted. This is not something you would obtain from your dentist. This is something that you would find in a dental student textbook. Give me a break!!! I have not spent almost 50 years being successful in business for nothing...I know how to do research and sniff out bogus claims. 

implant.thumb.jpg.57b20782f89df2331b51fec784bfe4a5.jpg

This is from a CAT scan - the dentist took these screen shots and gave them to me because I requested them. They are not regular x-rays.