Chapala.com Webboard

Dr. Candy, dentist

Kyle

She was sent to South Korea sponsored by a company last year for further implant training, class room and on hands training.  She is also being sponsored to return to Italy this summer for updates and new techniques on implant training.  I think she is fully qualified.

Yes, she is going to have 4 dental areas in her new office and there will be plenty of parking around to the east side of Centro Laguna Plaza.  She has NOT moved yet, but in a couple of months when she gets the new office ready.  Until then she is still just west of Mom's restaurant in the breezeway.

I referred a person to her today that has significant problems and she is going to fix the person for sure.  She diagnosed the problem right away and is on course to resolution of the problem.

• 4 years later...

I had two front lower teeth implants done by Dr. Candy just a few weeks ago (I came in from houston to have it done). It was the worst experience in my life. AFterwards, I was in extreme pain, and the salivary glands became very swollen. AFter two weeks, still in pain, emailed and called her office a few times. She did not reply. I had to make an emergency visit to a periodontist. He took a CT scan and said this about her work:

1. She obviously never should have done the implants in the first place, that I did not have sufficient bone.

2. She placed them in crooked.

3. The size she used was supposed to be for molars, not the front. They were so big that they protruded out of the bone! They also damaged the adjacent teeth. I'm having to get one of them removed next week.

4. All the damage caused my gum to recede on the adjacent teeth, and the bone erode by the canine tooth - he really needed that one to make a bridge, because there is NO bone left to re-do the implant.

5. It caused a smoldering infection in the bone and tissue that he had to scrape out when he removed the implants. BTW, they were so lose and wigglly because they weren't fit snug inside the bond. half of it was outside of the bone on the back portion. 

My mouth is now a mess. She finally answered my email and I talked with her on the phone. I told her that I was upset and that I wanted a refund. She said sure that she could reverse the charges on my credit card for the $2500 she charged to do the job! However, after my implant removal, I emailed her telling her I didn't receive the refund and she said she's unable to refund my credit card and for me to send her my bank account information? Is she nuts? Why would I do that? She also wanted copies of the CAT scan as now she is claiming my body was rejecting the "metal", which my periodontist said was absurd.  He is going to email her and copy me on it. I want my refund, plus I want her to pay for the restorative surgeries and related expenses. We'll see. I doubt I see a penny without hiring an atty, which I have already spoken with.

All in all, I'm losing another tooth next week. The canine tooth has no bone, and he's hoping that somehow I can regenerate bone. I have to wear a flipper for a year before he can do anything with the area. I may lose an additional two teeth out of this. 

CAUTION: Hire someone that has years of training and residency when it comes to implants.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

The OP in this chain was April 10, 2016 and goes through April 15, 2016 with all glowing reviews, until these very 2 negative posts. Any Doctor/Dentist can have a bad outcome due to many causes. Also, why the revival of a 4.5 year old chain? I happen to be a very satisfied client of Dr. Candy as others, that you can see from these very old reviews and also many others in more recent chains.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, gringohombre said:

Evidence? Have you read the many, many, many positive posts for Dr. Candy over oh, I would say at least 5 years here?

Are you saying people who have written of bad experiences are lying? Or that she screwed up a lot years ago but is perfect now? 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, TelsZ4 said:

Dr Candy is great for doing cleanings..  anything else go to a real dentist...

Well, I went to her for a consultation and cleaning and she had her brother, a student, do my so called 10-minute 500 pesos cleaning.