Chapala.com Webboard

If you are close to Casa Azul, it truly is a must see. The plaza is a short walk from it and is vibrant with activities and people just enjoying its beauty. Several restaurants surrounding the plaza including an American franchise or two plus some local eateries with outside seating adjacent to plaza. A really beautiful city with huge shade trees and lovely homes. No idea where one gets a police clearance letter though, but I hope it is nearby.

Thanks, took taxi from place for letter.   Great to have had the opportunity to see Casa Azul, it was packed with tourists.    Loved too the plaza.   I think Desante (sp) was the restaurant of choice, upscale and great for people watching.   Loved too the fountain with the statues.   I have travelled, I thought, all over D.F. But this was new to me and a place to which I'd consider living.   As usual Al, appreciated your help.

On 4/13/2016 at 8:31 AM, El Cartero said:

Thanks, took taxi from place for letter.   Great to have had the opportunity to see Casa Azul, it was packed with tourists.    Loved too the plaza.   I think Desante (sp) was the restaurant of choice, upscale and great for people watching.   Loved too the fountain with the statues.   I have travelled, I thought, all over D.F. But this was new to me and a place to which I'd consider living.   As usual Al, appreciated your help.

Los Danzantes is a really wonderful option on the main plaza in Coyoacán.  My favorite place to sit is on the terrace facing the plaza; the whole world passes by in front of you.

Come back, Cartero, there are a million places in Mexico City that are fantastic and off the beaten track.

Archived