Chapala.com Webboard

Vehicle registration sticker sheet -- What to peel off?

I just got my registration sticker for my car. In previous years it was just a square sticker that I peeled off and stuck on the inside of the windshield. But this year, though the image of that sticker is printed on the paper, it appears that the only parts that are perforated are two small rectangles with the actual info on them. Do I stick just those on the windshield? The instructions seemed to indicate to put them on the rear window rather than the windshield and weren’t clear to my somewhat imperfect Spanish.

Not that we need a rear defroster but putting them on the inside of the back window might not be such a good idea when you want to remove the stickers. You will probably damage the wires that are on the inside of your rear window that heat up to defrost your back window.  Feel the back of the window and you will feel the wires on most cars. 

I found out how it works!

The silver part peels off the clear plastic that is over the paper, except for the two little white rectangles of paper that have the detail printed on them, those pop out of the paper and stay with the silver part that is sticky once you peel it off and it sticks to the windshield.

P.S. Thank you, lcscats, for the tip.

Archived