Chapala.com Webboard

What is wrong with this picture - 46F in Ajijic and 62F in Toronto?

Arjay

Guest bennie2

im delighted! :) but can live w/out flooding. tonight it will go down to 36 degrees. maybe i can take out the sherling, or @ least the down. i was dreading the burning sun. the wind is a bit much, there were power outages yesterday. dont be surprised if internet o

Guest bennie2

sorry but i was blocked from finishing the post. a circle popped up. to repeat: dont be surprised if there is internet trouble. you may lose your network what ever that means. 

Guest bennie2

yes it did rain in march! i was happy last year when it rained. it seemed more damp & cold this winter. i know because of some issues in the house. (which i never had before except in a very older home). 

Google "Maya Express" for understanding this weather. Whitecaps on the "pacific" ocean yesterday here in PV. Strong winds all night with just under 3.5 inches of rain. Sunny right now but many thunderheads to the NW and again very strong wind. Well forecasted btw by the NWS.

Actually last year about this time we were horseback riding across the lake in the hills and we had: hail, wind, funnel clouds and then SNOW when we were heading back to Ajijic just south of Mazamitla.  But we are spoiled with the warm sunshine and subtle breezes... I hope this is nearly over soon!!!!

I read this yesterday morning on Mashable and it was sure right on the money. Our high today was 72F.

"The major driver of the weather pattern will be an upper-level low pressure area that will set up shop over eastern Texas and stubbornly drift slowly northeastward during the middle to late part of this week. Before it crosses the border with Texas, however, it is going to take a highly unusual path that will come as a shock to many vacationers along Mexico's western coast, as well as the millions of residents of Mexico City.

The upper-level low will bring a rare bout of cold air to Puerto Vallarta, along with several inches of snow to the mountains located between Puerto Vallarta and Mexico City. In Puerto Vallarta, the high temperature forecast from weather.com on Wednesday is just 70 degrees Fahrenheit, which is 11 degrees Fahrenheit below average for the date."

1 hour ago, El Saltos said:

We've had colder winters in the 11 years I've lived here.  Higher waves too. Short memory?  Last year we had 4.72 inches of rain in March!

Yes, getting older El Salto. My memory is much shorter then it used to be and so is my tolerance to cold. I do remember the rain last year but do not remember the weather being so vicious and windy for so long. This one will stick with me for a year or two. :-) Maybe.  At least sun is peaking out...but still very windy. Our yard is a complete mess.

Hail, sleet and snow in Guadalajara

58 minutes ago, giltner68 said:

Everything you need to know is here for the last 9 years.

www.chapalaweather.net

It says wind today from 8 to 12 km per hour??? They must have the weather station in very sheltered location or there is a big difference between Riberas and West Ajijic. There was not much rain just hauling wind .....branches and leaves flying around.....and seems very cold. But....we are right on the lake edge. Our thermostat outside says 9 deg. Celsius.

It feels so much colder than 50 degrees right now with the wind, plus the hail that sprinkled earlier, etc. Friend just sent me an image/photo saying "It's snowing in Guadalajara!" but he's Mexican, so he didn't really realize it was probably just a little icy rain accumulated on a car windshield. Still, this storm sucks. <_< Can't wait for it to blow away, but I guess it's supposed to pass quickly.

38 minutes ago, Travis said:

It feels so much colder than 50 degrees right now with the wind, plus the hail that sprinkled earlier, etc. Friend just sent me an image/photo saying "It's snowing in Guadalajara!" but he's Mexican, so he didn't really realize it was probably just a little icy rain accumulated on a car windshield. Still, this storm sucks. <_< Can't wait for it to blow away, but I guess it's supposed to pass quickly.

It wasn't icy rain, it was actually (wet) snow what was falling in Guadalajara 

Guest bennie2

75 in NYC today. thats kind of unusual. it can happen then it goes back to 38 w/winds or maybe snow. i have a good heater im fine here. i just stay in one room. snowed in guad like about 90 years ago i read.

waves1.jpg.4d1b4f41be7f73197bcf13d3f9d94More like a surf than whitecaps...and I wonder where all the lirio went. None visible this morning. Lots of debris and big mess from trees in the yard.

I know I will not get any sympathy from my friends on V. Island when I'll say that we had it windy and cold for 2 days:rolleyes: They are probably flooded there by now.

Archived