Chapala.com Webboard

Mexico is Not a Functioning Democracy

Hud

I'll say.  A pretty harsh indictment.  Not sure what the author had in mind when they say the U.S. needs to pull the plug.

Mexico News Daily reports things are so bad in Guerrero that construction work has basically stopped due to extortion by gang criminals there.

http://mexiconewsdaily.com/news/gangs-stifle-economy-guerrero-capital/

This is all such a shame.  This country is too good to be screwed up and handicapped by corrupt politicians and punk criminals.

I could read it, and I'm not a subscriber. Definitely an interesting read. It's by John Ackerman at UNAM. Tears apart US Foreign Policy every bit as much as Mexico's EPN/PRI FuckedUpNess. Escrito con huevos, for sure.

P.S. Ha! just tried to re-look at the article to confirm who wrote it and couldn't access the link easily without a subscription or dealing with too much horseshit. You can probably find it elsewhere on the internet by googling the author. It's breathlessly written.

I clicked on the original link and the article came up with no problem.

Just because I have a suspicious mind and insatiable curiosity, I moused around the site (took some doing) until I found some information about the magazine (Foreign Policy" in general, to wit:

"In 2003 it won a National Magazine Award for General Excellence. It won a National Magazine Award again in 2007 and 2009. And ForeignPolicy.com is the only independent magazine that has won consecutive digital National Magazine Awards every year since the site was created.

In September 2008, FP was purchased by the Washington Post Company, one of the world’s most respected media organizations, and grew to become the FP Group – an expansion of Foreign Policy magazine to include ForeignPolicy.com and FP Events. The Post leadership saw in FP an opportunity to build on past successes and use new media to serve decision-makers in business, finance and government in ways that would further establish Foreign Policy as the leader in its field.

In 2013, FP became part of Graham Holdings Company, formerly the Washington Post Company."

From reading the article, I gather that by saying the U.S. should "pull the plug", the author meant  that the U.S. has deliberately ignored the human rights abuses perpetrated by the Powers that Be in Mexico and should stop doing so.  Never did locate the name of the author, but it's probably in there somewhere.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

• 2 months later...

US is a Republic like Mexico

Archived