Chapala.com Webboard

Anybody have a Kombucha SCOBY to spare?? or Kefir?

Does anyone (or anyone know of anyone…) who has a Kombucha SCOBY to spare? Or Kefir grains? Just got done taking antibiotics for an ear infection and need some probiotics- I prefer to do it the good, natural way. Once I have a scoby, I'd be happy to share my Kombucha with anyone who wants to try it. Very good for the belly! :)

Gracias!

• Like 1

Back home in Washington state each week I used to make kombucha with blueberries added before the second fermentation. My husband and I both liked it so much that I had to create two sections in the refrigerator so we would have our "own". So, I also am looking for a SCOBY starter. I'll try to remember to let you know when I find it!

Back home in Washington state each week I used to make kombucha with blueberries added before the second fermentation. My husband and I both liked it so much that I had to create two sections in the refrigerator so we would have our "own". So, I also am looking for a SCOBY starter. I'll try to remember to let you know when I find it!

Ahh I hope we can find some. If I get ahold of any, I'll be sure to contact you. Good to know there are others here that do the Kombucha thing ;-) My mom and I had to split up our suppy, too- mainly due to differences in preference…

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...
9 hours ago, LindaLu said:

Jo, Do you still have Kefir grains to spare?  Are they milk or water grains? 

If you 'mouse-over' the circle icon under the name, you will see the profile, and can find out if the poster is still active on this Board. "Jo" hasn't been on the Board since 2016.

Deena is now at the Monday Market and she can tell you where she gets her grains.