Chapala.com Webboard

Looking for Dessicated Thyroid

Tracey

Has anyone yet found dessicated thyroid meds like Armour or Nature Throid brands in Mexico? I have been using it for a year with much success back in the states; and now that I'm living here, I don't know how to get more (besides a return flight back home)! Thanks!

Natural dessicated thyroid medications (Armour, Nature-Throid, Westhroid, Erfa, etc.) are NOT available in Mexico.

I have heard that an American naturopath in San Miguel de Allende, Dr. Nicholas Ransom, is importing Nature-Throid for his patients there. Otherwise, you (or someone else) will have to bring these meds down from the States or Canada.

Various synthetic T4 medications are available in brand-name and generic forms at almost every pharmacy, for example, Eutirox.

Novotiral is a synthetic combo T4/T3 medication that is readily available, but it has a slightly different T4/T3 ratio than Armour thyroid and is missing the T2 and T1 hormones and the calcitonin present in natural thyroid.

I believe the sole T3-only medication currently available in Mexico is sold under the brand name Triyotex.

Cynomel has been discontinued by its manufacturer.

HTH,

-- Don

Hola! I also would recommend Dr. Santiago Hernandez. He has an office in Chapala at Hidalgo #293...

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived