Chapala.com Webboard

Today at the Wednesday Ajijic tianguis, a woman approached Anita and asked a question.

She had heard from an acquaintance who had been talking with another person.

The rumor that was shared and who knows how many people have

shared / spread this around our community..

The rumor was that Anita was not doing cat / dog rescue any more.

Lord know how this got started or why it would continue to circulate ..

The answer is:

NO, Anita is not ill.

NO, Anita has not stopped her animal rescue work.

The simple solution to this rumor and any other rumor:

Stop listening to rumors.

Stop spreading rumors when you do not know first hand that what you are saying is truly a fact.

If you want to know what is a fact or not a fact about a rumor,

ask the person who is rumored about and ask that person what is the fact / truth about what has been said.

Consider this: you may be the target / victim of another person's rumor mill...

would you not want someone to ask you what is the truth or is it fiction

about what is being spread about you rather than continue to spread the poison??

I would just add, pay NO ATTENTION to the people who start rumors. When you hear someone say or see someone post something like, "well I heard from a friend that..." just walk away. Don't encourage them, pay no attention to anything they say, and maybe they'll stop. For some reason, non-profits seem to be a favorite target.

I was talking with Anita just the other day and she told me she had about 90 dogs and 150 cats. If any shelter in the area needs our help and support it is Anita!

The Magical Token Store in San Juan is a project that started in August and we sell items at the store for tokens (no pesos accepted). The tokens are earned by the people of San Juan by participating in various projects. Just last week we had two ladies from SJC start working with Anita two days a week who will be paid in tokens. There is no cost to Anita for this assistance and if all goes well we have others who are also interested in working there.

Please visit our website for more information about who we are and what we do.

http://magicaltokenstore.weebly.com/

Archived