Chapala.com Webboard

Complaints force action on noise

Sea

..."in Guadalupe, located within the metropolitan area of the capital city of Monterrey, it appears municipal authorities have had an earful."

Complaints about noise can work, maybe not here but somewhere. Read it and help yourself to vicarious joy.

http://mexiconewsdaily.com/news/municipality-has-had-enough-of-loud-noise/?utm_source=Mexico+News+Daily&utm_campaign=61bc5aaede-December+31&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_f1536a3787-61bc5aaede-349490585

Best photo caption ever. "Mexico can be noisy." :)

It worked Colima with large fines. In Mazatlan I printed off the law showing the box indicating the allowed decibel levels per activity and would hand it to the offenders when they invaded our neighborhood. The VERY worst were the politicians!!!

I really do think the it is a matter of educating everyone...from the youngsters in school on up...they need to learn firstly the health hazards of PERMANENTLY damaging their hearing, followed by learning the law. If the info was made more personal it might "take".

Great news, Harry. Thank you. So glad you are actually taking positive action, rather than posting on a web board. Looking forward to hearing about the meeting afterwards. This is exactly what needs to happen to have a shot at moving forward. I hope and think you will get a supportive response from our new Presidente. He really seems to care.

Archived