Chapala.com Webboard

Chapala's Historic Center to be declared a UNESCO World Heritage Monument

You are all a little behind times......

The Carretera at Mirasol through San Antonio has been renamed....now take a deep breath...

Paseo del Centenario de la Revolucion Mexicana, at least for legal, tax filing, government purposes, then it goes Chinese at the beginning of La Floresta.

Various businesses such as Super Lake are beginning to change their addresses on facturas and sales tickets.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Now that makes sense. ;)

No Mexicans I know use street names locally. I always have to use referencias (landmarks) when giving directions, and FORGET about street/address numbers.

This discussion is in the weeds. I'd rather talk about the potential Pueblo Mágico status, or UNESCO World Heritage designation, for Chapala. Or …. most especially, the local political ambitions of foreign operatives. :lol:

Now that makes sense. ;)

No Mexicans I know use street names locally. I always have to use referencias (landmarks) when giving directions, and FORGET about street/address numbers.

This discussion is in the weeds. I'd rather talk about the potential Pueblo Mágico status, or UNESCO World Heritage designation, for Chapala. Or …. most especially, the local political ambitions of foreign operatives. :lol:

you're right Travis. the subject of Pueblo Magico status is an important one and should not be reduced to a tiff about street names. although the status is given to a lot of ideas about lofty and admirable goals that someone else will pay for, it a sly way of gaining international controll of assets and the lessening of local sovereignity. if you think the local government is unresponsive, just wait....

Archived