Chapala.com Webboard

Warm Boots and Slippers in Ajijic

Arjay

For the first time in my life (except in Toronto) I have the need for warm winter boots and slippers down here. I went to Coppel in Chapala but they didn't have anything suitable and didn't even sell slippers.

Is there any place in Ajijic that might have what I'm looking for? Thanks.

I got "boot slippers" at Walmart last week for 180 pesos. Wearing them now and have been all week. Thinking about getting another pair. They also have mule-type slippers and moccasin slippers. As for just boots, I haven't looked lakeside, but the outlets and stores in Guad are loaded with them.

There is a shop on Constitution near Colon - just to the east of Colon. It's owned by Brenda Carol but can't think of the name of the shop. They have fleece lined Deerform slippers. They have them at Costco also but if you don't want to go there (crowds must be terrible) try the shop on Colon. Was just there a few days ago and they had several pair. I bought some there a month ago and am glad I did.

Just saw a new batch of fuzzy lined boots at Walmart today. Even in purple!! ^_^

Funny you should say that - I must have just arrived at the right time today. After trying the store on O'Campo (not Constitution) and the one opposite Roberto's with no luck, I ended up at Walmart and got fuzzy-lined boots and big furry teddy bear slippers - hopefully they'll do the trick. Thanks for your suggestions.

Funny you should say that - I must have just arrived at the right time today. After trying the store on O'Campo (not Constitution) and the one opposite Roberto's with no luck, I ended up at Walmart and got fuzzy-lined boots and big furry teddy bear slippers - hopefully they'll do the trick. Thanks for your suggestions.

Big furry teddy bear slippers always do the trick.

And if they don't, make "Where can I get thick, soft, warm socks?" you next forum thread. :)

Big furry teddy bear slippers always do the trick.

And if they don't, make "Where can I get thick, soft, warm socks?" you next forum thread. :)

My big furry teddy bear slippers are nice but the soles are thin and the coldness of the tiles comes through, so I'll have to find insoles. I saw some warm-looking socks in Walmart. Maybe they got new stuff in for Christmas. If you find some, please let me know. I brought 2 pairs down with me but could do with some more.

Archived