Chapala.com Webboard

CFE second demand ...

Plumeau1

You can register on line at the CFE website and pay on line with a Mexican bank card.

http://app.cfe.gob.mx/Aplicaciones/CCFE/DondePagar/Donde-pagar.aspx

You can also go into an CFE office and leave a deposit to cover your bills while away if you don´t have a Mexican bank card.

If you have a Mexican bank account you can arrange for automatic bill pay.

The ability to pay on line with a Mexican credit card may depend on your bank. I have a Bancomer Visa and whenever I try to pay the CFE bill on line, after I have input the credit card information, I am prompted to type in a code that should be sent to my cell phone. So far I have not got the code, despite calling the Bancomer help desk. I do not know if this happens with all Mexican credit cards. Maybe I should try using a card from NOB.

The ability to pay on line with a Mexican credit card may depend on your bank. I have a Bancomer Visa and whenever I try to pay the CFE bill on line, after I have input the credit card information, I am prompted to type in a code that should be sent to my cell phone. So far I have not got the code, despite calling the Bancomer help desk. I do not know if this happens with all Mexican credit cards. Maybe I should try using a card from NOB.

Same experience here with a Bancomer card, and foreign cards don't work at all. Best to set up auto. pay from the Bancomer account.

If you want to do it from your Bancomer account you have to use the Bancomer website, and you will also need the security device they furnish you that generates a one time code that you will have to enter. If you have not set up online access to the Bancomer website that will also have to be done, and then on the website point to "Pagar" and "De Servicios" from the drop down to set up the payment, then when you actually pay there are help screens that show you where to find the needed information from the CFE bill that you have to enter, as well as how to use the security device to generate the one time code.

Piece of cake in the future then when you want to pay.

Bancomer credit card payments use Verify by Visa requiring a cell phone that is used to send a code via text. To associate a phone log into Bancomer and under the far right menu item Administrar there is a sub menu Otros Servicios and then Asociar Numero Celular. Enter your cell phone there and you'll get the 6 digit security code via text message.

Once a cell is entered you'll also get a text each time the Bancomer credit card is used showing where and the amount charged.

You can also pay the CFE bill on Bancomer bill pay with the 2 long number strings on the bottom - referencia and concepto. You don't need a paper bill since those numbers show up on the CFE bill in pdf format which is normally available around the time the paper bill arrives.

Bancomer credit card payments use Verify by Visa requiring a cell phone that is used to send a code via text. To associate a phone log into Bancomer and under the far right menu item Administrar there is a sub menu Otros Servicios and then Asociar Numero Celular. Enter your cell phone there and you'll get the 6 digit security code via text message.

Once a cell is entered you'll also get a text each time the Bancomer credit card is used showing where and the amount charged.

You can also pay the CFE bill on Bancomer bill pay with the 2 long number strings on the bottom - referencia and concepto. You don't need a paper bill since those numbers show up on the CFE bill in pdf format which is normally available around the time the paper bill arrives.

I agree, John, Bancomer's Verify by Visa is very simple and works very well. I have a debit card attached to it rather than a credit card. I don't use autopay because of the possibility of inaccurate billing; for example, if the Comisión (CFE) sends me a bill that's much higher than normal, autopay pays it before I can talk to the Comisión and have the bill adjusted. I don't like paying in advance for exactly the same reason. YMMV.

Archived