Chapala.com Webboard

New Manager at Los 5 Potrillos

Sea

There is a new manager at Cinco Potrillos in Ixtlahuacán. This used to be a gringo favorite, but it has fallen on hard times the last few years. Victor has been there about a week and is trying to bring the place back. He says that everything on the extensive menu can be ordered and will be available. (Yes, supplies were an issue in the past).

So, if you want to give the place another chance, this is a good time to take the little drive out there. If you aren't familiar with it, they have some of the best Tex Mex style Mexican food in the area.

Map and menu on their Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Los-5-Potrillos/246056155541527

I would love to give them another chance, too. Ever since the untimely death of the owner several years ago, his widow has struggled valiantly to keep the doors open, but everything, including food quality, just went downhill. From one of my favorite spots to someplace I have not been in over two years. This is great news and I sure hope it works for this deserving family. Thanks for letting us know, Sea.

I would love to give them another chance, too. Ever since the untimely death of the owner several years ago, his widow has struggled valiantly to keep the doors open, but everything, including food quality, just went downhill. From one of my favorite spots to someplace I have not been in over two years. This is great news and I sure hope it works for this deserving family. Thanks for letting us know, Sea.

Yes, I felt the same way. It became impossible to eat there. The problem now is that it's usually empty. You know how that goes, you have to get business to get business. :)

Archived