Chapala.com Webboard

December 16 Policemens Day

December 16th is Policemen's Day. I met with our new chief today and discussed a number of issues. On this one , he is asking for small appliances for his officers. I am putting $4000 pesos in the pot. If you would like to help out, please pm me. We know how poorly paid our officers are and the Dellogado administration is working on this , but, not until the first of the year when funds become available.

Traditionally our Mexican maids and gardeners have been unable to participate in charitable efforts. Yes, we are reaching out to the more affluent/educated Mexicans. Thanks for your concern.

Just an idea, instead of thinking:

I wonder how many Mexicans will be donating money to policemen on Policemen's Day... cbviajero

Why not think how much I will give. Let's others decide!

The point I was trying make is that almost all Mexicans,rich or poor, have very little faith in the policia,or respect for them,and for very good reasons...

I'll be saving my donation money for El Dia de los Transitos...

I think the days of providing money for nothing are gone. Why not have a Policeman's Party just like the Kissing Cop used to do. Only it was for just him. Provide a typical Mexican dinner and a cash bar while charging 200 pesos for admission? A fabulous opportunity for police and gringos to relate, no?

• 2 weeks later...

December 16th is Policemen's Day. I met with our new chief today and discussed a number of issues. On this one , he is asking for small appliances for his officers. I am putting $4000 pesos in the pot. If you would like to help out, please pm me. We know how poorly paid our officers are and the Dellogado administration is working on this , but, not until the first of the year when funds become available.

Are you referring to the Degollado administration because I have never heard of a Dellogado admin. around here. If you mean Javier Degollado, I will get my friend Mr P to ask him of the status for you.

Archived