Chapala.com Webboard

Amazon Mexico

twelveoaks

I am looking into buying a new television and was very impressed by the prices on Amazon Mexico.

Has anyone used them for a major purchase and, if so how was the service as far as delivery and can you use a non Mexican credit card ?

Bought from Amazon Mexico 3 times including a large multi-purpose printer and results all positive. Twice with Canadian card and once with a Mexican card.

saludos

Sonia

Bought from Amazon Mexico 3 times including a large multi-purpose printer and results all positive. Twice with Canadian card and once with a Mexican card.

Sonia, did your Canadian card have a Canadian billing address? I couldn't buy from Amazon US and I think that was the problem. Thanks.

Ditto Sonia's experience including blue ray DVD player and new kindle from Amazon, Mexico - came in 5 days - used US credit card with US billing address. Amazing and super service - easy to do. I have had amazing luck with Mexico and Amazon shipping me all kinds of bed, bath, and home stuff since June. All of my deliveries go to Sol y Luna and have been on time and on target.

Sonia, did your Canadian card have a Canadian billing address? I couldn't buy from Amazon US and I think that was the problem. Thanks.

Has a Laredo address.

Buen Fin

Sonia

I have shipped to friends in The US who have driven my stuff down . I have shipped to a Hotel in McAllen where I have stayed and driven the stuff here. I have also purchased from Amazon US and shipped to my address here in Ajijic. The shipping costs into Mexico were very high.

• 1 month later...

I am finding the Amazon.mx site somewhat confusing. I can speak spanish but not fluent so thus is there an option for changing language anyone know?

I am nervous to try amazon here and frankly shipping from Amazon US to here the shipping charges are very high.

I am finding the Amazon.mx site somewhat confusing. I can speak spanish but not fluent so thus is there an option for changing language anyone know?

I am nervous to try amazon here and frankly shipping from Amazon US to here the shipping charges are very high.

I am also interested if anyone knows how to change the language to English on Amazon.com.mx.

• 3 years later...

Amazon.mx is only in Spanish. I type my search request in English and get responses in Spanish...with pictures! I'm able to figure things out. Often the descriptions are also in English.

I check out both to see which will have the best price/shipping options and I'm often surprised! YMMV

On 10/15/2015 at 11:07 AM, twelveoaks said:

I am looking into buying a new television and was very impressed by the prices on Amazon Mexico.

Has anyone used them for a major purchase and, if so how was the service as far as delivery and can you use a non Mexican credit card ?

We have used Amazon.com.mx for several "major" purchases.  Service was great.  Received all items within a week.  We used a credit card from a Bank in the U.S. with a mailing address at our home for that card in Mexico.  All items were delivered to our door.

Archived