Chapala.com Webboard

You really want to speak spanish?

Miriam Beltran

I am a professional bilingual teacher, mexican, born and raised in Ajijic. Certified by the Universidad Autónoma de México (UNAM). Teaching in Ajijic since 2010.

I only work with small groups (4 students max) or private lessons. Starting November 2nd. Only a few spaces available.

Methods:

Communicative language teaching (CLT), a communicative approach to language teaching that emphasizes interaction as both the means and the ultimate goal of study. Guided by the MCER standards. (Common European Framework of Reference for Languages: Learning, Teaching and Assessment)

Total Physical Response thru Storytelling (TPRS), an approach that allows students to learn vocabulary in a meaningful context thru reading, listening, writing and speaking about stories written for spanish students of all levels.

Covering the grammar basics to show you how to form the language structures you need, not only "mimic" models used by others, and focusing on developing all the language skills you need to communicate in the real world and not just the class room.

11046600_827135377336350_460629747720519

• 2 weeks later...

Miriam, quite a few years ago, the TPRS acronym was changed to "Teaching Proficiency through Reading and Storytelling," which better matches what you describe above. Of course, TPR by itself still represents "total physical response," a tool which many TPRS teachers use during very beginning instruction. I am a former licensed teacher who used TPRS and was a participant in five National TPRS Conferences in the U.S. I have over 100 days of training in TPRS. Message me if you would ever like to discuss. I brought many TPRS materials with me when I moved here over three years ago. However, I have never taught here nor do I plan to do so.

Beth

Archived