Chapala.com Webboard

Recommendation: New Dog Groomer in Town

I just got back from my second visit with Candy, who opened a grooming shop next to Hole In One in San Antonio Tlay. I have German Shepherds and a jolly, little rag mop terrier. Believe it or not, it's hard to get a good grooming job around here on short haired, double coats. Most "groomers" put in 5 minutes of brushing and call it a day. When you touch the dog, a cloud of hair swirls up. After seeing Candy, the shepherds look terrific. My terrier gets an excellent, cute little shave that Candy customized for her. I didn't have a clue what to ask for.

I was a regular customer of Dee's and this is the first time I've said "Wow" at a grooming job since Dee retired. Now I don't have dogs that require specific, exacting cuts like a poodle, etc. But she sure has impressed me on both sensitive handling (one of my guys is a basket case around groomers) and the highly competent work that she's done for me. If you're like me and having trouble finding a good groomer, I'd recommend checking her out.

The name of the shop is Candy's Grooming, in that little strip of shops next to Hole in One. It's after the Oxxo - Sunset Restaurant group as you come from San Antonio. Carretera Chapala-Joco #87. Phone 331 406 0510 (that's the one I use). Land line, 766-0705. I use the cell to get Candy, who speaks excellent English.

Her card says that she offers home services. I know there are people who are always looking for that.

I just got back from my second visit with Candy, who opened a grooming shop next to Hole In One in San Antonio Tlay. I have German Shepherds and a jolly, little rag mop terrier. Believe it or not, it's hard to get a good grooming job around here on short haired, double coats. Most "groomers" put in 5 minutes of brushing and call it a day. When you touch the dog, a cloud of hair swirls up. After seeing Candy, the shepherds look terrific. My terrier gets an excellent, cute little shave that Candy customized for her. I didn't have a clue what to ask for.

I was a regular customer of Dee's and this is the first time I've said "Wow" at a grooming job since Dee retired. Now I don't have dogs that require specific, exacting cuts like a poodle, etc. But she sure has impressed me on both sensitive handling (one of my guys is a basket case around groomers) and the highly competent work that she's done for me. If you're like me and having trouble finding a good groomer, I'd recommend checking her out.

The name of the shop is Candy's Grooming, in that little strip of shops next to Hole in One. It's after the Oxxo - Sunset Restaurant group as you come from San Antonio. Carretera Chapala-Joco #87. Phone 331 406 0510 (that's the one I use). Land line, 766-0705. I use the cell to get Candy, who speaks excellent English.

Her card says that she offers home services. I know there are people who are always looking for that.

How much was the cost for each dog? Gracias.

It was 550p for the bunch. Trying to sort out that per dog and guessing 200p each for the shepherds and 150 for the little one.

MC, I'll call her Monday on the cats and post back here. I'm curious myself.

I took my approximately 13 year old 20lb. terrier to Candy today. The dog is terrified of being groomed or even picked up in one's arms. I was telling Candy about all this when Candy calmly picked her up and she just completely relaxed in Candy's arms. I have never seen that happen with anyone before this. That was so nice. I relaxed as well. She came back to me looking happy and groomed to perfection for me. I highly recommend her. The cost was 150 pesos and I left a 20 peso tip.

What a great grooming experience at Candy's today. I took my little Shih tzu in and Candy listened to what I wanted done and did exactly as I asked. And my dog was soooo happy when I picked her up. The cost was only 150p.(less than I have spent at places that didn't do as good a job). I left a generous tip, and then asked about her animal rescue efforts. She said they had 28 dogs at this time, so I gave her a contribution toward her efforts. I will be back again and again.

Archived