Chapala.com Webboard

Pepe has a Dalmatian that is recovering from a broken leg sustained in being hit by a car. She is ready to move on. About a year and a half old and a really good looking dog. Has not been neutered yet and that would make her a little more mellow. I say that because these dogs tend to be hard headed. Would not make a good family dog but for someone who would be willing to work with he she could be a good companion. As I viewed her in her cage at Pepe's she was very subdued and not barking up a storm as many tend to do. I think she is a winner to the right person.

Huh?

neu·ter
ˈn(y)o͞odər/
adjective
adjective: neuter
  1. 1.
    of or denoting a gender of nouns in some languages, typically contrasting with masculine and feminine or common.
    "it is a neuter word in Greek"
  2. 2.
    (of an animal) lacking developed sexual organs, or having had them removed.
    • (of a plant or flower) having neither functional pistils nor functional stamens.
    • (of a person) apparently having no sexual characteristics; asexual.
      synonyms: asexual, sexless, unsexed; More
      "the traumatic abuses of his childhood left him feeling more neuter than masculine"
noun
noun: neuter; plural noun: neuters
  1. 1.
    Grammar
    a neuter word.
    • the neuter gender.
      noun: the neuter
  2. 2.
    a nonfertile caste of social insect, especially a worker bee or ant.
    • a castrated or spayed domestic animal.
    • a person who appears to lack sexual characteristics.
verb
verb: neuter; 3rd person present: neuters; past tense: neutered; past participle: neutered; gerund or present participle: neutering
  1. 1.
    castrate or spay (a domestic animal).

I would like to correct the above assertion that Dalmatians are "hard headed" and difficult dogs. Back in the days of 101 Dalmatians unscrupulous people need anything with a spot disregarding temperament this creating cute but high strung dogs which are not typical to the breed.

The Dalmatian is very smart and people oriented. They do need exercise and make great companions for active people.

I have had many breeds both pure and mixed. Now that I have a Dalmatian I wish I could go back in time and have had only Dals.

Archived