Chapala.com Webboard

Buying land in Ajijic (part of an adjacent lot)

I would like to buy 40m2 of land from an adjacent lot. It would be the back of a large and seemingly unused lot and have no street frontage - it would be just to fill in the space of our 'L' shaped lot in order to expand our house. Assuming the owner will sell, what would I have to do to make this happen? Anyone know (or guess) land prices in the area behind Farmacia Guadalajara in Ajijic (San Gaspar barrio)?

Have them sign a contract, get a tax appraisal, SRE permit and do the deed.

Having dealt with a similar situation several years ago, Good Luck, ..my issue was the land was left to 5 sons and daughters by their Mother when she passed away..no amount of talking, negotiating, bribing could ever to get all to agree to sell. Usually 3 of the 5 would agree but there were always at least one dissenter who would not budge..even when they were offered way above market value. I finally threw in the towel after a year or 2 of trying..Good Luck and don't be suprise at the price they want when they find out you want to purchase it...also hope it is easy to determine ownership...often very difficult..

Fortunately, I am not desperate for the land, so if playing the game gets too complicated and tortuous, I am quite happy to take my ball and play elsewhere. How do I find out market value of land in Ajijic? And Spencer, do you do this sort of real estate work?

I am quite happy to take my ball and play elsewhere. How do I find out market value of land in Ajijic?

I'd recommend that you have a conversation with your self. And ask yourself, "Self….how much is that land worth to me?"

Then when you and your self have arrived at a figure, you can walk over to your neighbors with that many pesos in your hand and ask if the amount is sufficient.

:)

Go to the tax office to get the exact size and then see what other lots are selling for. Coldwell Banker has lots in Ajijic on the MLS for $23,500USD and they are 151M2. Century 21 has 222M2 lots for $44,400USD.

Use a combination of Spencer`s and Travis` methods - determine the value of the land by what has sold around it then tell the person how much you will give. If you ask how much the owner will sell for he will look at the sky and that will be the price.

Archived