Chapala.com Webboard

Mexican drug lord Joaquin 'El Chapo' Guzman escapes

AlanMexicali

http://edition.cnn.com/2015/07/12/world/mexico-el-chapo-escape/

"(CNN)Mexican authorities have launched a manhunt to find drug kingpin Joaquin Guzman, who has broken out of prison again, the country's National Security Commission said Sunday."

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-latin-america-33497301

"His recapture in 2014 was hailed as a victory for Mexico's government.

Officials say that Guzman's escape was discovered when officers checked his cell in the Altiplano prison, which is near Mexico City.

A search operation has been launched and flights have been suspended at a nearby Toluca airport."

http://mexico.cnn.com/nacional/2015/07/12/joaquin-el-chapo-guzman-se-fuga-de-la-carcel

Abra este contenido en una nueva ventana [open in a new window]

Google Translation:

"Inside the cell of Joaquin, El Chapo, Guzman, a hole that was 50 centimeters by 50 centimeters, which overlooked a tunnel with a long, straight line of approximately 1,500 meters was found. This ended in a construction work site of the San Juanita, in Almoloya de Juarez."

When I first came to Mexico, I was told by a government official that I could do anything that I wanted to do in Mexico. Anything ! It just took a little "cooperation".

That's why they would not extradite him to the USA. And, also why he had a ground floor cell, not second floor. El Chapo Vive !

You should have said, PRIdictable.

"PRIdictable",jajaja!

What an embarrassment for the Mexican government..

Where is the Rio Grande Valley de Aztlán,Sumofabit?

Guest bennie2

fortune mag (or one of them) had him on the list for the worlds wealthiest men. his business is "shipping" i dont know his number, i think it was 749.

Ain't that the truth! Guzman was like a living trophy for the EPN regime. Last thing they wanted was to let the little bastard escape.

If you believe that, I have a bridge in Brooklyn that I will sell you. Money buys anything, even the president's spoken or unspoken approval.

If you believe that, I have a bridge in Brooklyn that I will sell you. Money buys anything, even the president's spoken or unspoken approval.

So are you saying that EPN was somehow complicit in Guzman's escape? Would the same assessment apply to Presidente Fox the last time Guzman escaped? Perhaps your opinion is clouded by party loyalty.

JerryS

considering the US had 2 violent criminals escape from a high security prison not long ago I would not critizice Mexico. El Chapo´s organization has some very effective methods to get what they want, in the US the 2 criminals convinced a few dummies to help them so one way or the other it does not speak highly of security in

either country,

This escape has nothing to do with NOB. Why do people always try to reflect NOB when something bad happens in Mexico. Can't face the reality here? One would think people eventually would grow up and accept responsibility.

So are you saying that EPN was somehow complicit in Guzman's escape? Would the same assessment apply to Presidente Fox the last time Guzman escaped? Perhaps your opinion is clouded by party loyalty.

Party loyalty? To which party? I don't belong to a political party.

Here's a point of view to look at: http://www.newyorker.com/news/news-desk/el-chapo-escapes-again?intcid=mod-yml

Good read and it just serves to illustrate that the narcos are smarter than government on both sides of the border IMO.

All the "war on drugs" does is keep them in business just as prohibition did for the Mafia.

CJNG has been pushing Sinaloa around pretty thoroughly in Jalisco. I wonder if Chapo will start pushing back in a big way and what that might mean for all of us here. It could get rough, particularly in GDL.

Here's a reality check for anyone who thinks the PRI somehow condones or is complicit in the escape of Chapo Guzman:

The PRI is well-known for its decades of corruption. We have seen a huge swing-back towards that at all levels of government since they took power. Changing the court system to something more relevant for today's Mexico is just as much a PR move as anything else. It will be just as easy to bribe an official under the accusatory system as it is under the inquisitorial system. There was, undoubtedly, less violence during the PRI's previous long-time reign, but only because everyone was paying off everyone else.

Pri is well known for it's corrumption here in mexico state, believe me.

Guzman escaped the last time because one of the representatives had him moved to a less secure prison, puente grande. It was set up, everyone in mexico knows it except possibly foreigners.

The one he escaped from this time is a VERY maximum security prison here in mexico state. Very corrupt state. We are in lerma, the prison is on the other side of toluca probably 20 or so miles (just a guess) away. I was by close to there once, it's close to a pueblo called tejijic which locals call tejas. It's very high security. I don't know of anyone that doesn't think this was set up.

Computerguy. People here said violence and prices would rise drastically when pri got back in and they did. VERY drastically.

He then hinted that the authorities had been complicit in the jailbreak by posting: 'The dog (slang for the Mexican government) dances for money, and I've bought it.'

During his last escape, Guzman hired the help of the prison guards during his first successful escape from maximum security prison, in which he was hidden inside a laundry basket.

It's well known.

Also almoloya is always crawling with cops, no way this happened without them noticing. All that dirt had to go somewhere. The kids father lives there, we drop them off there regularly, he brings them back.

Archived