Chapala.com Webboard

Suggestion, maybe?

Al Berca

Not a Legion member, but have enjoyed many great meals and events there. Was wondering if header description for Legion should be changed to add something like Public Welcome or something similar so that some of our new people and others who might not be aware will know that all are welcome and the Legion is not for members only. I just think that some folks might skip the posts altogether thinking it is not something in which they can be involved.

Great idea for separate topic on American Legion. Both needed and deserved.

What type of activities do they have besides lunch?

Breakfast, lunch and dinner. They do a Saturday Fish Fry and a Sunday Hamburger barbecue. They have some sort of celebration for almost every US holiday. They do a fantastic Canadian Thanksgiving They are having a Luau on the 23, and many more events in the future are scheduled. They host luncheons and fashion shows. They support many charities locally, the Little Blue School. the local Bomberos, Tepehua ladies and Cruz Roja just to name a few, they support Veterans in need financially and for any other reason. The list goes on and on....., they are open from 9am to 8pm.

Not a Legion member, but have enjoyed many great meals and events there. Was wondering if header description for Legion should be changed to add something like Public Welcome or something similar so that some of our new people and others who might not be aware will know that all are welcome and the Legion is not for members only. I just think that some folks might skip the posts altogether thinking it is not something in which they can be involved.

Thank you Al Berca. The American Legion Post 7 in Chapala welcomes all visitors !

We were regular Friday morning breakfast visitors, with friends, for many years. We still miss those, as well as the Tuesday steak sandwich specials. They were just too convenient to our house. :)

Great idea to have the Legion here - and agree, noting that it is open to non-members is a good idea. But, we're getting a lot of separate headings for the web board. Maybe we could have a "Public Gathering Places" heading, and sub-groups under each for LCS, American Legion, Gonzalez Gallo Cultural Center, Joco malecon, Ajijic malecon, Chapala malecon....

Great idea to have the Legion here - and agree, noting that it is open to non-members is a good idea. But, we're getting a lot of separate headings for the web board. Maybe we could have a "Public Gathering Places" heading, and sub-groups under each for LCS, American Legion, Gonzalez Gallo Cultural Center, Joco malecon, Ajijic malecon, Chapala malecon....

At first blush it sounds like a good idea but as a mod I think it would be like hearding cats to try to keep it organized, The upcomming events forum could probably be used more effectively than it is at present. Just my thoughts.

I have nothing but respect for the Legion and its members, but I think a separate section for it, considering the number of posts over the years, is a waste of time and effort on everyone's part, not the least of which is shared by the moderators. Let's count up the number of times NetFlix has been mentioned: I'll bet it's more than the Legion, and I'll be there are many, many more topics that far outstrip it as well. Like CostCo, or WalMart, or SuperLake, or pizza... on and on.

Archived