Chapala.com Webboard

AMAZON.com To Mexico (5 Days)

What a class act.

I purchased $165 worth of merchandise the 25th of June. Delivery was the 30th of June.

Amazon offers shipping to Mexico. Not all items can be shipped. If you register a Mexico address, and click on "Mexico Shipping", the site will tell you if items can be shipped. My order was shipped by DHL.

Because I ordered over the minimum amount, shipping was free.

No IVA !? Maybe this is NAFTA at work/or Amazon has a special arrangement? The items do go thru customs.

It is so pleasing to order without delays/excuses, 50% extra charges.

We just got an order from Amazon also. It was not over the free shipping price but the shipping was reasonable. Five days later it was delivered to our house. What a shock. Way to go Amazon!

I too ordered on June 25. They said July 14th for delivery. It started in Kentucky and headed to New Jersey. Left there yesterday but it doesn't say to where. My freight charges were reasonable on 3 items (like $4USD) but my new cast iron fry pan was $12USD, weight I suppose. I will report when it arrives.

I've had great success with using regular Amazon.com to our Mexican address. They ship via DHL and the charges are surprisingly reasonable. I've not been hit by customs, but my items haven't been high cost. Most times, the packages have actually arrived earlier than expected. It's definitely worth a try.

My first order from Amazon Mexico.

En camino

Envío realizado el: viernes 3 de julio de 2015

Entrega estimada para: martes 7 de julio de 2015

Realizar seguimiento de paquete

Essential Medical Supply Standard Hand Bed Rail

Vendido por: Servicios Comerciales Amazon México S. de R.L. de C.V.

$347.13

It is not hit and miss. Hold up at Customs is entirely dependent upon what one orders.

. Items labeled as available for delivery to Mexico on Amazon got held up a customs. The box sat in customs for 2 weeks until we canceled the order and had it sent it back to Amazon. The contents were all toiletries ( shampoo etc. ) - no apparent reason to hold. Another shipment of Phillips Hue lights made it just fine. So in my experience, hit and miss. your mileage may vary. The lights came via FedEx, the toiletries failed via DHL.

. Items labeled as available for delivery to Mexico on Amazon got held up a customs. The box sat in customs for 2 weeks until we canceled the order and had it sent it back to Amazon. The contents were all toiletries ( shampoo etc. ) - no apparent reason to hold. Another shipment of Phillips Hue lights made it just fine. So in my experience, hit and miss. your mileage may vary. The lights came via FedEx, the toiletries failed via DHL.

It is hit an miss, in my experience.

My items failed with DHL, where they were put through by other shippers. It is hit and miss and if it goes through or passes can be as simple as the person behind the wheel on a particular day. Amazon ended up refunding me three times. One of the packages was accidentally shipped to Saudi Arabia, and is still being held there, though the refund is back in my account at this point. Amazon realized that neither of us will see that package anytime soon.

Archived