Chapala.com Webboard

Question for Sonia

To be honest I do not know about Queretaro. In Guanajuato state which includes SMA one needs:

Original factura from when vehicle was bought new plus copy

Tarjeta de circulacion plus copy

Proof refrendo (annual fee) is paid

Recent utility bill TelMex, TelCel, CFE, SAPASMA or MegaCable plus copy

License plates

And, visa (plus front and back copies) is acceptable if utility bill is in your name.

OR

MX driver’s license (vs visa) with front and back copies if utility bill is not in your name. However, the utility bill must show same address as your MX driver’s license.

Note this applies when car was previously registered in GTO state. When you change states there is much more involved and some areas such as changing from EdoMex to another state it is very difficult.

If changing from another state to state of Queretaro I can tell you in general more steps.

saludos

Sonia

Pls give me a little time and I will see if the state has the information on line and I will give address of Rentas as I have been there to turn in plates.

To buy and register a new car in QRO you need original factura, CURP, QRO driver's license but if no QRO driver's present your visa.

Also you need an utility bill in your name within past 90 days or if not available you go to the Presidencia and obtain a letter stating you live in QRO.

Copies are required. You can pay the fees in cash, debit or charge card.

Address: Oficinas Auditorio Josefa Ortiz de Dominguez, Constituyentes SN (no number but huge building on south side of street), Colonia Villas del Sol, 442-211-7070 from 8 am to 2:30 pm

If a used car you are registering what is posted for GTO state as to turning in plates, factura etc applies.

saludos

Sonia

My understanding based on the web site in QRO you need a CURP and that normally cones from INM.

In GTO state you do not need a CURP as I can get a driver's license with a tourist card just by asking and providing FMM etc. However, locally name on FMM must exactly match name on Passport. Example John R Smith is not same as John Robert Smith at local Rentas.

So, one option is register in SMA which is GTO state but if car comes from another state, plates must be returned and annual fees and emissions test current to turn in plates.

My final advice, is when at Rentas in QRO ask as what is on their web site may not be reality. Example, in GTO stat web sites says to get a DL you must have a visa but in reality not true as I noted.

de nada

Sonia

Archived