Chapala.com Webboard

Where in GDL to pay photo radar ticket

Do you really think this has anything to do with traffic safety cbviajero? Have you paid attention to where they put these cameras?

The ones that I'm familiar with are in Guadalajara,if the fines cause people to slow down and pay attention then I suppose they do contribute to traffic safety.

Are they income generators for the state,of course they are,and I'm also sure that those funds are not correctly spent.

If we have to wait that they change the constitution to can put photo infractions and other life saving stuff then we are lost. That is something which will take too many years before it will happen.

Those photos are only taken when speeding above about 90 when 80 is allowed. So just slow down a little bit and your ok and nobody get in danger and you arrive only a few minutes later.

Do you really think this has anything to do with traffic safety cbviajero? Have you paid attention to where they put these cameras?

No one mentioned DUI laws, why did you bring that up? I think you'll find plenty of support for getting the drunks off the road. That's real traffic safety enforcement, something that posting ridiculously slow speed limits and then sticking cameras next to them is not.

This is a racket about taking money from the public, period. It's an even bigger racket NOB but up there the public is starting to fight back.

Something else, I'll bet you'll find the people who own these cameras probably take most of the money. I wouldn't be a bit surprised if it is another one of those sweetheart deals like those parking zones in Chapala.

One thing is certain, the money isn't being spent on fixing Jalisco's pothole riddled roads.

There might be a very few cameras placed on places where you could speed safely much more then the speed limit. But due to quality of most roads like you say I can't really name a road with a ridiculous low speed limit. To me most are fair. If I was allowed I would speed more on some places yes, but I also know people who don't like to drive those same roads because of the already high speed of some other people in their eyes. So we are stuck with those other people who don't want to speed that much and we need to respect those too.

And yes the cameras in gdl helped a lot in safety even though you don't want to believe. I even wish they put much more cameras as there still happen a lot of accidents in avenues where there are no cameras and still race like crazies. But the roads with cameras are now much nicer to ride then several years ago. Besides it also help combating the mordidas and corruption, as you can't really give money to a camera. (I never understood why to give mordidas anyway as most tickets are cheaper then the mordidas anyway) All of these things are needed, because the driving style of many people here in Jalisco was getting really bad and now it starts to get a little bit better with the help of this photo infractions and alcohol checks.

Sure, the laws maybe don't allow these things yet and yes the money might not come to the right places (but does it when most of us give mordidas?), but does that mean we are allowed to speed, drive and park like we want? These things are really needed in Mexico as I already know several nearby family and friends who were involved in heavy or even deadly accidents because of speeding or alcohol. The driving style of some people terrifies me more then the crime rates.

Ednet, 90 is 6 mph over 80. That's not about highway safety that is about taking money from the public, period. If these were for highway safety, they would be set higher to catch the real speeders.

Even the bandits NOB are generally set for 10 mph over.

80 BTW is a whopping 50 mph on 4 lane divided rural roads. 90 is all of 55 mph. Do you really think that is a realistic speed limit or is it so low so they can fleece the public?

This is a ripoff pure and simple. Not only will I wager you'll find the companies that own these cameras are taking most of the money, the rest is probably going in someone's pockets.

Theft from the public using cameras and speed traps combined with artificially low speed limits has become a government revenue racket on both sides of the border. We may have to live with it but let's not dignify it by buying into the pretext that it has anything to do with traffic safety.

And yes the cameras in gdl helped a lot in safety even though you don't want to believe. I even wish they put much more cameras as there still happen a lot of accidents in avenues where there are no cameras and still race like crazies. But the roads with cameras are now much nicer to ride then several years ago. Besides it also help combating the mordidas and corruption, as you can't really give money to a camera. (I never understood why to give mordidas anyway as most tickets are cheaper then the mordidas anyway) All of these things are needed, because the driving style of many people here in Jalisco was getting really bad and now it starts to get a little bit better with the help of this photo infractions and alcohol checks The driving style of some people terrifies me more then the crime rates.

Amen.

This is just my opinion after having driven here for ten years,

20% of the drivers are just flat out rude and reckless.

30% are incompetent

The rest are mediocre to good.

As someone who drives in Guadalajara everyday I appreciate these measures.

I also see traffic on the very dangerous Chapala-Guadalajara highway generally traveling at a slower speed. It was one of the most dangerous roads in the state prior to the installation of the cameras. I welcome them and really don't care where the money goes, as long as lives are saved by their presence, which seems to be happening.

Hey Mainecoons, You think the USA is a police state? Where did THAT come from? Way off topic to provide us with your own personal politcal views. As a moderator you should know better.

Don't put words in my posts that aren't there, thanks. And your post borders on personal attack, knock it off. There's no partisan politics in my posts.

You too Slainte, take it to TOB.

I am referring to speed cameras out in the middle of no where on four lane divided roads. Not in urban GDL. Don't put words in my posts about that either.

We drove out that way this morning With the exception of the camera at Ixtlahuacan, the others are totally rural. One is on a downhill, how cute is that?

I'm done. If some of you like to be ripped off by obviously rigged speed cameras more power to you.

Archived